Finally taking in the field behind me

inneedoftherapy

Feb 29, 2008
Between the cornrows, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
The farmers hard at work that really made my day. Finally can do some hunting!!

070327115604.jpg

A few pieces of iron top left some sort of hammer type axe thingy any ideas on the date of this piece and what it exactly is?
Top right gear type thingy, bottom left what is left of a toy tractor (really heavy would make a great kiddy weapon) bottom middle not a clue and bottom right so sort of wrench doohickey.

070330081010.jpg

070330081836.jpg

3 hook type things any idea???? what these things are

070330081236.jpg

found a small bottle dump very small mostly all broken was hidden away in the tree line among rolls of barb wire.

Oh and a fork n spoon the top one is 1910 orange blossom patter have not identified the other yet.

070330081202.jpg

070330081124.jpg

Did a little detecting around the yard as well and came up with some ok finds a token a couple of pennies well whats left of them and two more coal tags (my pull tabs)

070330081312.jpg

070330081348.jpg

Found this tac style pin the not so nice penny is for size referance there is a number 11 on the front, Any ideas on this one?

070330081556.jpg

And a little jewelry the copper cuff bracelet is marked copper bell it was pretty bent all to heck straightened it as best I could the gold ring is 18K and the small silver ring is not marked it is very pliable and really soft metal looks to be possibly a handmade piece.

070330081934.jpg

070330082010.jpg

070330082000.jpg

070330082046.jpg

Upvote 0

dakotama95

Feb 26, 2007
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, White's DFX
nice finds. I am going to have to go out and hit my farmers. They are working on getting the fields out pretty regular here too.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you never know whats out there

OP
OP
inneedoftherapy

inneedoftherapy

Feb 29, 2008
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
so true aa this is going to take awhile to hunt as we have permission to hunt everything you see behind us there is a small creek running the tree line which I am hoping to get down into. the field to the one side of us has been taken in but the other side still corn standing and that is where I am dying to go. And also on the otherside of the creek where the farmhands house sat. Going to try and get my brother out to help out that is a lot of area to cover.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are finding some good things.The lead thing is a window number so they got the window or screen in the right opening.The same number was also on the window sill.
The gold ring was a good find. If those are real diamonds it may be worth a few thousand dollars.Take it to a jeweler and let us know.
Good hunting

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds and love the pictures. Know what you mean by farmers taking the crops off.
I have been waiting all summer.

My partner and I hunted a wheat stubble field last week. The farmer had just chisel plowed it. Boy,
did that ever make a difference. We both found a 1863 2 cent piece. I also found a shielded nickel and
two Wheaties and one IH. My partner also found a really nice Seated dime and a nice large cent and
two IH's.

Can't wait for more crops to be taken off. By the way, the field we hunted, was a site for an old
one room school house. Of course it is no longer standing. That's why we found so much. Most guys
are to lazy to get out of the car and look for such sites. If it isn't standing they can't find any where to
hunt. LOL

HH, Ringfinder

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! The Mercury 4 token is great! Also the rings, well just everything, you had a nice hunt there, that is to see by all the finds!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
inneedoftherapy said:
crazyjarhead said:
Nice haul. Looks like that axe head is old. Nice ring too

thank you I think the axe thing is old too the old man is saying it isnt so need to try to figure out a date on it. Win this lil bet we have.
your both wrong its a hatchet head :tongue3:

OP
OP
inneedoftherapy

inneedoftherapy

Feb 29, 2008
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Thank you on the window number which time frame do you thinki t was from? The first home was built sometime in the 1800's and the second house that is now standing was built sometime in the late 1920's early 1930's and is a sears kit home.

We have a one room school house about 3/4 mile up the road it is long gone now but the old plat maps show it there the oldest plat map I have is from 1876 hoping to gain permission to hunt that waiting on my new plat map to try and track down the owner no one seems to know who owns the land which is odd since everyone knows everyone it seems around here. That is how I learned of the old house (plat maps not the neighbors they cannot remember that far back lol) and the bits and pieces found around the homesite deffy shows artifacts from the 1800's including an eastlake window lock from the previous house. The 1863 civil war token so far is my personal best find in my eyes. Hoping to uncover some other coins dating from that era but so far the oldest coin is the 1900 IH.

And Edde if indeed this is a hatchet any info you can give me on it would be great! it was found along the creek on the edge of the field. Far upper right of the tree line in the picture.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is a window number 7. Does yours look like this?
It has a nail on the back all one peace.
Was the nail on yours broken off.
If it don't look like this than yours would be a lead seal.
Roger

Attachments

• window no.7 002.JPG
    window no.7 002.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 259
  • window no.7 001.JPG
    window no.7 001.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 255
OP
OP
inneedoftherapy

inneedoftherapy

Feb 29, 2008
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
rodgerdodger said:
Here is a window number 7. Does yours look like this?
It has a nail on the back all one peace.
Was the nail on yours broken off.
If it don't look like this than yours would be a lead seal.
Roger

Roger that is exactly what it looks like still has the nail intact and has bits of a whitish paint in places. Now I just need to find # 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1, and whatever other ones that are lying around.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If the house was resided and the window sills covered
with aluminum chances there might be one by every window.
There was one on the storm window ,one on the screen,and one on the window sill.The sider would have removed that one and probably on the ground. Any older house still has them.
Roger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread