Finally the creek gave up a couple of pottery shards!

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well went in one of the original sections of the creek today and was raking sand and talking to Creek Spirit about why it's not giving me anything in so long, wondering if I needed to do a good energy dance or sacrifice something or whatever geez! :icon_scratch: Then raked up a broken bottle and more glass so thinking this could be the spot and then there was the little one, it's about an inch square. So I raked up some more sand and glass and then the bigger thin one rolled up and I picked it up and slipped and glad it was all sand and little pebbles cause I busted my butt. Hope Creek Spirit enjoyed the show :tongue3: Didn't find any points but the shards are fine with me. :hello2: The biggest one you can see the fibers under the clay, which I find really cool and also there are some triangular patterns, it's pretty thin with a nice curve to it too. Thanks for looking and HH!
100_8617.JPG 100_8619.JPG

Upvote 0

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting design and material the big one is made from, our pottery is usually brown.

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see you're back out there. Nice finds. Keep looking and good luck. I'm finding nothing in my creek.

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting design and material the big one is made from, our pottery is usually brown.

I'm not sure if it's supposed to be black or if it's creek stain and don't want to put it in anything strong to try to clean it due to it's age. I have one other that is thin like this and might be from the same pot, it's dark too. I also have more that are dark but are light in the curve. I've read that the black color that is inside some of my brown shards is where they put it upside down on a fire pit.

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see you're back out there. Nice finds. Keep looking and good luck. I'm finding nothing in my creek.

Thanks and the creeks need some good flooding rains I think. About 15' above this spot it's a mess of downed trees and a huge root ball and driving me crazy because I know there's stuff there but can't get to it. In this general area I have found the most pottery and the little Palmer point that's in my avatar. The only advice I can give is to find a spot where the sand and small pebbles have washed into and rake it with a garden rake or dig and sift it, it's hard work especially when it's 90+ degrees. The good thing about creek hunting is it's a lot cooler in the water and shade trees once you've run the snakes off if there are any and put on your water shoes. I pile the sand/pebbles up on the bank and when it rains it washes and brings up stuff I missed. Good luck and HH!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The shards I find n the creeks different colors brown, black, grey and redish brown. Nice rim section

Mark Todd

Apr 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's good news, you broke your pot shards finds "drought",perhaps your going to find that elusive piece of knapped flint soon! Ill be watching for the post !
HH!

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's good news, you broke your pot shards finds "drought",perhaps your going to find that elusive piece of knapped flint soon! Ill be watching for the post !
HH!

I hope so! Bringing sand up from the bottom also brings the honey bees to the creek and I love them but they get on my nerves when they fly around after I splash them. Adds to the challenge lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread