Finally went somewhere new

gilgar

Mar 18, 2009
A Little South of Heaven
Detector(s) used
Garrett Treasure Ace 300
and didn't do too bad. Had to leave after about an hour and a half since it started raining. I probably should have left sooner since there was lightning and I was hunting under trees but I had the bug, what can I say.

I've been sticking to the school across the street from me & my yard so far (found my dog's tag that he lost about a year ago ;D with my new Lesche tool--they are really great!!!!)

I finally decided to venture to a local city park that has two huge sand volleyball courts, a large tot lot and lots of picnic areas. Didn't find much in the sand, just a couple of pennies and pull tabs and a little boy who kept following me asking questions and digging in the sand with me ::). Apparently he'd heard all the stranger danger stuff because he asked me if I'd ever taken kids, if I had a dog, his name and if I asked kids to help look for him. :laughing9: Thankfully, his mom finally called him back to the pool!

I thought I had gold for a sec but it was just part of a brass nut :( I also found a Sam Adams beer opener that I forgot to photograph and some melted aluminum pieces, I believe, which I never would have known if I had never been to this site. They were hard to spot since they were in the playground gravel and looked like gravel. I've really got the bug now and plan on going to another city park tomorrow where there's another playground, soccer fields & a frisbee golf course.

DSC02339.jpg

Upvote 0

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Nice finds ! you never know what you'll find things are lost every day ! How old is the school/park ?

TommNJ

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good finds....Matt

OP
OP
gilgar

gilgar

Mar 18, 2009
A Little South of Heaven
Detector(s) used
Garrett Treasure Ace 300
TommNJ said:
Nice finds ! you never know what you'll find things are lost every day ! How old is the school/park ?

TommNJ

Not too old, the school was built around 1979 but it's across the street and very convenient. The park is a little newer, but again is fairly close by, plus I wanted to try detecting in the sand, hoping for rings & such ;D Found the Sam Adams church key, I actually lost it in the house :laughing7: nothing great, but pretty cool.

I hope to get down to South Texas where my family is originally from and check out some of the ranches & old homesteads but it needs to cool down a lot before that! been hitting 100+ for about 30 days now so I know it's even worse down there.

DSC02341.jpg

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Cool, good luck gilgar where ever you hunt, my mom was originally from Burnett, Texas, I never been there, she met my dad when he was in the Army, anyway good luck and happy hunting !!

TommNJ

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9: lmfao kids ....you just cant beat em ....with a baseball bat lol ,great sound hunt

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well at least you found some clad on the volleyball courts. I always seem to come up with nothing in that type of area, but you never know, one day I will get something good.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My daughter lives just outside Austin and they are having a severe drought. All the lakes are drying up and the water supply is dwindling. Very serious, they need rain bad! Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread