Finally!!!

PrimitiveOne

Mar 30, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Eyeballs 2
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is my first arrowhead find ever. I have found some tools and tips but never a complete head. Thanks to everyone on TNET for all the info and advice. The area is in southwest PA along buffalo creek. I had spoke to some locals and found out that there was alot of indian activity and history in the area. I found a flat field above the creek that had some flint signs last year. So last week I got out and did some searching. I found almost a pound of flakes and chips but no heads in this field, it had not been plowed yet. After a morning rain today I headed there. Fresh plow tracks and no foot prints. Here it is. Any ID would be appreciated. Thank you...

Attachments

• insitu.jpg
    insitu.jpg
    606.3 KB · Views: 66
  • fresh.jpg
    fresh.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 72
  • clean.jpg
    clean.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 65
Upvote 0

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to tell you congratulations, PrimitiveOne! Found my first point when I was about 5 or 6 years old. Like me, you are now hooked forever!

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats awesome primitive, I missed it somehow earlier when i posted, that this was your first complete find. Way to go . Get you a frame and fill it up.:thumbsup: hopefully you will get a few more suggestions on the type. I'm still gonna say brewerton but usually they are notched yours isn't so notched...i dunno.

OP
OP
PrimitiveOne

PrimitiveOne

Mar 30, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Eyeballs 2
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks everyone... I have found and posted other artifacts here on TNET but this is my first whole arrowhead... I have been knapping for a couple of years and truly appreciate the work and skills of early people. I just needed the experience and understand of locations that would be inhabited thousands of years ago. After much reading and listening to you guys it has finally paid off. It is truly a treasure! I think my brain has switched into flint seeking mode permanently...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread