Finally...

saftgeek

Mar 2, 2007
Jefferson City, MO
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, CTX, GPX 4500, and another Nox 800 for my friends...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent a little time detecting with a buddy and family last weekend. We hit a yard we'd been to before. The last time there I found a 1934 World's Fair ring and he found a 1911 wheat. Since then I purchased and practiced with a new detector. When we showed up I had to spend some time getting everyone settled. I made the mistake of not bringing enough good diggers. This meant I had to go back and forth helping dig holes that wouldn't offend the homeowner. When I finally got my headphones on, and my etrac fired up, it was on!!! I was finding coins left and right that we'd missed last time we were there. My old detector and the Ace 250's just couldn't seem to hit them. After a while we all found our spot and I settled in to a section by the road. In a few minutes I had my first decent silver hit... I dug a 1917 Merc... Whooo-Hoooo!!! After showing it off to everyone I went about 2' away and hit silver again. This time it was a really cool sterling ring (which is now on my wife's finger). Both the Merc and ring were about 6-8 inches deep. After this find I had to give up my e-trac and let my buddy use it for awhile. He would get a repeatable signal and I would bring him the digger... I decided I needed try my backup, a White's MXT. I hadn't used it for over 8 months. It was like stepping out of a Corvette and into a Chevette. I was really having trouble and honestly not feeling very confident. I started digging a lot more trash and was really getting down when I had a repeatable dime signal at 3". I thought, battery money, and flipped the plug. I was shocked when I saw the 1884 Seated. It looked as if someone had dropped it the day before. After some serious high-fives we packed up and gave up for the day. I am so pumped at finding such an old coin in such good shape. I hope anyone out there struggling or losing faith knows to just keep digging. It truly could be the next hole you dig which may hold your find of a lifetime.

Attachments

• May 2012 Detecting Finds.2.1.jpg
    May 2012 Detecting Finds.2.1.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 117
Upvote 1

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
. I hope anyone out there struggling or losing faith knows to just keep digging. It truly could be the next hole you dig which may hold your find of a lifetime.

Metal detecting is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration. It is 100% an Optimist's hobby.
Sweet finds and congrats! Rock on!

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread