Finally :)

JeffG

May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I had a Dr appt yesterday and afterword decided to go to the main branch of one of my pickup banks. I know they won't order coins for me there but decided to ask if they had any loose or rolled halves. Teller says she has $7.50 loose and $40 in rolls and she says she also has $161 of those big dollar coins. I'll take em all I say. The Ikes were all clad as were the loose halves. I was starting to think dump as the first 3 rolls of halves were skunks and then on the final roll.....

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

13 40%. I have been doing this for about a month and gone through a little over $7K in half boxes and this one roll had more than all of my previous finds :hello2:

1965= 1
1967= 6
1968= 2
1969= 4

Good luck!

Jeff

Upvote 0

Brush64

Oct 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
"I'll take 'em all" ... nice! That's why you got these! Great find :)

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing like opening a cwr and seeing that silver! Nice!

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Save those ikes. I always do because my old LCS (emphasize the old) paid 1.10 each.

OP
OP
J

JeffG

May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes they were the straight brown wrappers

good luck,

Jeff

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes they were the straight brown wrappers

good luck,

Jeff

Just a heads up, several banks have taken to buying a couple bags of halfs for when customers request them. They roll them on the spot and use
the straight brown wrappers in my area. I have run across quite a bit of it and found out where they came from last week. Even though the bank
got a $500 dollar bag and rolled right there, I still pulled some nice silver from the $250.00 that I was able to get.....

OP
OP
J

JeffG

May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info Freedom. I will check to see if they have more next week to see if this is what they are doing.

Good Luck,

Jeff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread