Finally!

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Just gloating to myself on this one, but I finally got myself a new ( used ) metal detector, since my other one was bought in 82' and was my only one.
Big thanks to the local salvation army, and being in the right place at the right time, for giving me a huge financial windfall, I am now the proud owner of a minelab explorer 2, and dang, I am going to have to buy a new thinking cap to figure this thing out.
Guy I got it from ( found on craigslist locally to me ) said it had only been used about 10 hours, but the ad had a factory pic, so you never know how that may go, so today me and the wifey jumped in the car and drove up to bay city to meet the guy half way, really nice guy by the way, well one look at the detector, and I could tell it was brand new, guy told me that he never used it much, told me good luck figuring the beast out.
it came with a sunray pinpointer attachment thingy, the stock coil, an extra carbon fiber lower shaft, a 8 inch excelerator concentric coil, which I did not know what it was, but on kellyco they are not very cheap, and a really nice pair of koss headphones.
we talked for a bit at the bay city mall ( parking lot ) got to know each other a little bit, he told me since I was his kind of treasure hunter, in it for the history, not the money, that he wanted to give me something extra, goes and pulls out an old leather carrying case, and said I would appreciate this, and pulled out a old garrett master hunter from 76, man what a nice gift.

I paid 550 bucks for all of it, not really sure what they go for, but hey I am as happy as a sugar ant chewing on a jolly rancher :D
Thanks Ray!

Mike

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great going! Nothing like getting a great bargain and unexpected extras.

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lucky you.Enjoy it.HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread