Finaly some cornfield recon pays off.

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a slow year for me when it comes to detecting. I seem to be havening trouble locating old home sites, well not this one. First LC for the year, , 1848. image.jpg image.jpg Also found a nice Indian point. image.jpg Sorry the camera am using is not the best.

Upvote 12
very nice finds, how did you decide on that field? I'm still debating on which one to try and hit

Old maps, and once there find the highest point in the general area. Might only be a 10 foot rise but that's the norm in my area. They always built on higher ground. I am in Illinois so its basically flat ground, for the most part. Also look for glass shards, pieces of brick laying about.

Cornfield recon...I love it....great job!

Now that's the helix we know nice lc andy

That's why every we meet up I take you to a public parks. :laughing7: No im kidding, sort of. We will talk.

Nice relics and coin.

I keep each sites finds separate and marked. Very interesting. Over the years I have started to come up with a good idea/picture, how the mid 1800s were in my area.

Nice LC Helix. I found my first of 2015 last week too. Looks like a lot of targets dug. Hopefully next time you go back some coins will show up too.

Nice LC Helix. I found my first of 2015 last week too. Looks like a lot of targets dug. Hopefully next time you go back some coins will show up too.

Yes this LC should clean up nice. Lots of targets at this site, agree with it being first time visit for couple hours I would say there is a strong chances more coins are hiding.

Gotta love hunting the fields. I start following the combines as they harvest, & don't stop until they start to plant again in the spring.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back