Find of a lifetime....

Hoffensnieg

Greenie
Jun 23, 2017
Mebane Nc
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My find of a lifetime is this amazing community of which I'm a newbie. So hi! My name is brian and I'm new to treasure hunting (apparently I'm new to forums as this is my 3rd attempt at introducing myself and I don't know if I did the other ones wrong) I have had a passion for finding lost treasures since finding my first fossil back as a kid. Since then I've became deeply interested in history and lost treasures. I would love to find just about anything but I'm really looking for gems, fossils, precious metals, coins and historical items.

Little background on me: I'm a married father of 2 sons with a 3rd addition coming in Nov. I'm a medically retired disabled veteran whose role in life now is happily regulated to stay at home dad. Do to being disabled I became somewhat of a hermit and have recently devoted myself to getting out of the house and expanding my comfort zone. I enjoy fishing and hunting and gaming.

I live in Mebane and have family all over NC. My wife has an abundance of family in alamance and orange counties and I hope to have her gain permission for me to hunt their lands. I especially look forward to meeting new people and making new friends.

I would love to find/be a hunting partner and would love to tag along in order to learn more about the craft. Feel free to friend me on Facebook ( Brian J Bake) and look forward to meeting everyone. Good luck on your hunts and take care

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Tnet from an Ohio coin shooter. Do you have a metal detector Brian? Also a sincere thanks for your service.

OP
OP
Hoffensnieg

Hoffensnieg

Greenie
Jun 23, 2017
Mebane Nc
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Locco first thanks for the welcome and yes I recently bought a Intey metal detector. It's a cheap one to get me started.

OP
OP
Hoffensnieg

Hoffensnieg

Greenie
Jun 23, 2017
Mebane Nc
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
*Loco-digger

Sorry for spelling it wrong. I'm still trying to get use to forums and replying. I was trying to reply directly to your comment but it's showing up as a new reply in general. This is my first foray into forums :(

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the forum Brian. Also make sure you participate in the "Barracks" forum - sometimes we learn from each other there about available benefits, etc.

I'm probably about 3 hours from you, lived in Burlington in 1957. There's a number of members more local to you on here. Check out the North Carolina forum:

North Carolina

You may find hunting partners there - normally a forum for finding locals, treasure legends, etc.

I've never heard of your particular detector, but most do well for an introduction to the hobby. It's better than spending big bucks for a machine and then lose interest in the hobby.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard Brian! Take a look at Sub-Forums: North Carolina for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Z.Agee

Jun 18, 2017
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Ace 400 and AT Pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find of a lifetime indeed!!! I joined just over a week ago and absolutely love this site. Great people and great things to talk about. And Greetings from Ohio and good hunting to you! !

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Hoffensnieg,

Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

Thank you for your service!

If you have any specific questions about metal detecting, please feel free to PM me.

Regards,

Doc

mudwhale

Jun 12, 2017
CT
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from CT!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread