Find of the day....a new site!

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Working on a project along the Cass River in Vassar MI in an attempt to curb some of thier annual flooding problems.The locals seem a bit uncertain as to if thier 5.6 Million is a good investment and many have approached me with questions and concerns over the ongoing work.I was speaking with one such person through my truck window today,when she spots my MD in the back seat.Totally interrupting my explanation of the finer points of the diversion inlet structure, she pipes up and says.."Youre welcome to look around my place with that thing"!
Well, about ten minutes later shes showing me around her property and Im gettin pretty stoked about my next adventure.Turns out she ownes six city lots with two homes.To one side is a barn shaped home built in 1910 she is currently using for storage.To the other side is a single level building built in 1860 as a wool storage area...then converted to a one room schoolhouse...then converted into a residential dwelling where she now lives.Between the two structures is an old garden area with lots of old fruit and walnut trees....never been filled or landscaped and its all mowed! O.K.....Im thinking this is too good to be true and to some degree maybe it is. Just before I headed off she informed me that a gentleman friend of hers went over the whole area a few years back and found...............an Indian Head Penny.....thats it ....one penny.
O.K. troops, time to step up and see what I can do.Im totally anxious to find out what is left on these lots...Ill keep you posted....wish me luck.....Joe

Upvote 0

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
I got out an industrial sized package of luck and will send it your way ;D. Has to be more to that place than one IH, maybe he was using one of those little orange radio shack models like I used when I was ten. Good Luck and make us proud 8)

mlw67

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2006
Portland, OR
I think hearing that someone found "only one indian head" would make me *more* excited, not less!

Good luck out there!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What an exciting place to detect, must be a whole lot more there! Good luck and HH, Mike

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Bet the "guy" found more than a IH penny,
and also bet you will too.
Good luck up there.
Vasser is a nice little town.
Looking forward to your finds.
You going searching there soon?

Smiles!
BDoo

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
I try to reserve my excitement. I have seen too many "high potential" site go bust. But I do think it sounds promising. After all why are we even MDing if not optimists. ;) :)

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck Joe!!! Hope ya find lots and lots of keepers!!!!

Nan :)

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few years back and the detectors, I imagine, were far less advanced? I would think you have yourself a heckuva thing going now! That's the MD Utopia right there now. And who says oppurtunity doesn't just fall into your lap? You are going to find way more than just a penny!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread