Find only 7 coins, 4 might as well be silver.

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
It's 60 degrees in Western Pennsylvania at the moment, and things have been above freezing a couple days. That adds up to detecting weather, and I would have been negligent had I refused to take advantage of it! :wink: I have permission at a house across the street which has yielded probably a dozen or so assorted pieces of silver, and I didn't want to waste time on travel, so that's where I went. I started in a side yard and wasn't finding much; in fact, the only find was a toasted '70's something Jefferson. :BangHead: Ultimately, I went back out front to hit some areas that I hadn't done and it turned out to be the right decision. Within a few minutes, before my alarm went off for school pickups, I had four silver Roseys. I've found better, older silver, of course, but for January 31, this is nothing to complain about. I also found this little medallion from the Grand Assembly 1980, whatever that was. On the back, it says STANGE RAINBOW'S ONLY OFFICIAL JEWELER and an address: 2121 Schuetz Road St. Louis, Mo. We're heading out now to a friend's farm to search for a privy; I have a pretty good idea where to find it, thanks to Penn Pilot Photo Centers!

Attachments

• ralphroseys 001 (Small).jpg
    ralphroseys 001 (Small).jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 524
  • ralphroseys 002 (Small).jpg
    ralphroseys 002 (Small).jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 529
  • ralphroseys 003 (Small).jpg
    ralphroseys 003 (Small).jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 658
Upvote 0

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good job! :icon_thumright: Silver in this day and age is getting harder to find. Hopefully the 49 rosie has an S mint mark?

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice Jan. silver, HD. You guys are having it too easy this winter. Glad you are able to break the Cabin fever before it sets in :notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread