Find that brought back memiores

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, with stock coil
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_0372.JPG

Got premission from current owners of my childhood home to metal detect. Found what was left of old pocket watch that belong to my grand dad. As soon as I pulled it out I recongized what it was, he passed in 1964 and lost his pocket watch about 4 years before he passed. This find brought back a lot of memories, it ment a lot to find this, wish I could have found more but this means a lot.

Last edited:
Upvote 22

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad you made the recovery. Grand Dad wanted you to have that.
HH
dts

Cosmo3

Feb 8, 2017
Chattanooga, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Hori-Hori Knife, Gerber Folding Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Absolutely awesome find that would have been lost forever if not for the metal detector.

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yup that's a special find.
Congrats

Kk77

May 7, 2014
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your memorable find glad you saved what was left of it!!

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet, better than $$

I've had access to my grandfathers house in Detroit where I spent alot of time as a kid, and my dad and all his brothers/sisters grew up there.
Grandmother passed away about 15 years ago but an uncle and then his son lived there until it burnt to the ground a few months ago.

Have been detecting it on and off for a couple years but now that it is derelict and just an empty lot now, I've been hitting it hard.
Was actually built in 1892, should in theory be a gold mine with all those kids over the decades, but I recall in the mid 1970's my grandfather got a metal detector, never thought much about it at the time and never saw him operate it, guess it just didn't make me curious at the time.
But he was the type to do some pounding, I'm sure he swept up most of the good finds. Have only found a couple of wheats so far and no personal relics, digging conditions are ideal, ground is like butter. In fact if anyone around Detroit wants to give it a whirl let me know, I usually go by there once or twice a week in the late afternoon. Really large double lot, gotta be some deep goodies there. Only caveat - Anything personal related including jewelry is mine, coins yours.

My childhood home is just a mile or so away, one of the few houses left standing. Would love to detect the back yard, unless it burns down too will probably never happen.

Attachments

• IMG_1986.JPG
    IMG_1986.JPG
    614.2 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

muddyrock

Jun 19, 2016
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting