Finding buttons in the trash - XP Deus comes through again!

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems the like weather may have finally settled down a bit... the snow is melting and the ground isn't like a rock. :hello2:

So this afternoon I grabbed the XP Deus and took her for a little walk... to a site that has produced some nice buttons and a few good coins in the past. I also took my newly acquired probe, hoping to find the privy and started with it - but today my luck just wasn't there for finding any bottles... So instead I fired up the Deus to see what it would do at this site, one that has been pounded by many of my other machines in the past. It was to the point I pretty much gave up on finding anything else.

I purposely started in the iron patch, close to the old cellar hole. This machine is fast, and excells in trashy spots... I was hoping for a few keepers I couldn't see before.

Considering I only had an hour to swing the machine, I was happy with the result. They may only be common flat buttons, but finding anything at the site was a bit of a victory considering how much attention this site had in the past. The tiny cuff was really interesting - it was between two nails with about 2" of clearance on either side of the button, 6" down. It hit with a nice, crisp signal.

If you can't tell - I love the Deus! Its also fun to be posting again about some finds after a long winter. 8-)

Attachments

• IMG_6018.JPG
    IMG_6018.JPG
    873.6 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_6012.JPG
    IMG_6012.JPG
    516.4 KB · Views: 128
Upvote 7

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The XP & buttons is unexplainable & less you tried it. They sing out like most people hear coke cans..:laughing7: (on my settings)

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard it's an awesome machine and sure speaks for itself

diggervet

Dec 3, 2006
Mechanicsville, Va.
Detector(s) used
Deus XP/Nautilus 2B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I hunt with the Deus as well and LOVE IT!! It has found items at 26" and 28" (US buckle and confederate side loader cannon ball) I usually use the GM power setting but was wondering what program or settings you use to hunt trashy areas?

Dirtwisher

Nov 1, 2013
MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 9" and 11", AT Pro, Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The XP & buttons is unexplainable & less you tried it. They sing out like most people hear coke cans..:laughing7: (on my settings)

Hey Cru - I'm new to the XP but still dealing with permafrost in New England so just trying to do the mental legwork before I get out. From what I can tell you're primarily a field hunter, as am I. Would you care to share your settings for the XP for coins/buttons etc in your fields over there? It looks like the fast settings lose some depth. I'm normally a fast swinger but trying to slow down. Any help would be great.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Cru - I'm new to the XP but still dealing with permafrost in New England so just trying to do the mental legwork before I get out. From what I can tell you're primarily a field hunter, as am I. Would you care to share your settings for the XP for coins/buttons etc in your fields over there? It looks like the fast settings lose some depth. I'm normally a fast swinger but trying to slow down. Any help would be great.

Sorry I have an XP Goldmax Power & basically have the Iron Volume off, ses high, & basically no discrimination.

OP
OP
Mach1Pilot

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys! I really liked how the gilt remained in the flower button. Hopefully I can find a few more before the site turns green in a few weeks. :)

Crusader - it sure loved these buttons! :thumbsup:

Jefferson - I was running with reactive in 1... its way faster in that setting than most other detectors anyway. TX power 3, sensitivity in the low 90s, stabilizer to match... iron audio was at 1 so I had a light grunt with every piece of junk. Thats what told me the little cuff was between 2 nails.

Dirtwisher

Nov 1, 2013
MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 9" and 11", AT Pro, Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys! I really liked how the gilt remained in the flower button. Hopefully I can find a few more before the site turns green in a few weeks. :) Crusader - it sure loved these buttons! :thumbsup: Jefferson - I was running with reactive in 1... its way faster in that setting than most other detectors anyway. TX power 3, sensitivity in the low 90s, stabilizer to match... iron audio was at 1 so I had a light grunt with every piece of junk. Thats what told me the little cuff was between 2 nails.

Awesome - thanks for that. I got it for the speed since I always feel I have to cover some ground in the limited time I have per hunt (before the crop comes up or before it snows or before the kids wake up or whatever). Good to know it's still fast in any setting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread