finding coins/silver

dmaki1988

Apr 3, 2012
Gladstone MI
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello, just had a question about a thing or two, does anyone here know what coil should be run on the f70 for finding silver, ive been running the 11 DD coil and ive been doin decent on the clad and copper but it seems like the silver is no were to be found. i herd the DD has amazing depth and everything, what about the stranded 10'' coil, would that make differnce?

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
There is no such thing as a certain coil to be run on any given machine to find silver better. I cant give a good analogy, but its kinda like asking if there is a better bait for really really hungry fish.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
I've found the majority of my silver and gold finds using the 5.5" coil. Only because I've been using it as designed in places where there is trash everywhere and it can pick out the goodies my old concentric rigs missed. At surprisingly shallow depths in many cases. I will go to the 11" DD if I'm in a fairly trash-free area for coverage' sake.

I only just got the 10" elliptical last week and wanted to try it for better ID in the trashy parkway work I'm currently doing. Can't get a handle on it just yet so I may go back to the 5.5" coil for the remainder of the work there and figure out the concentric in some of my older moderately trashy sites.

I consider it site-dependent on which coil to use and how to use it. If I'm at a site where trash is minimum and I can look for real deep targets, I break out my CZ5.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sadly, you have to look where silver coins are to find silver coins. Do some research into old parks or fairgrounds and hunt there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread