Finding more in my yard with my new 5x8 inch Coil.

VTColonialDigger

Oct 13, 2016
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My new 5x8 inch coil for my ACE 400 came in the mail yesterday. Within minutes had had it hooked up and ready to go. Went out in my yard (which has been detected very hard by me) for 15 minutes and dug a Liberty Head/ V nickle from 1906! Went out again this morning and dug the 1942 Mercury Dime! Very Impressed with the coil!

IMG_20170813_125642.jpg

Good Luck & Happy Hunting,
VTCD

Upvote 17
Congratualtions on the nice old coin shooting! :occasion14:

The 5" x 8" coil is a nice choice for trashy areas!

GL & HH

very awesome finds with the new coil, no excuses now!

Very impressive! Always nice to quickly validate a piece of new gear.

Congrats on the finds. I also have been using the 5 x 8 Coil on my AT Pro may never go back to stock coil or the NEL storm.

I've wondered if I should try a new smaller coil for my Spectrum XLT or just get another detector. Also wondered about the rocks and roots to dig through when going deeper...So it was all worth it I see!

Yes. The smaller coil is definitely worth it. I would never have found the V nickel or Merc with the standard coil. I had heard (and now I know it is true) that the smaller coil gets through Iron better than the larger coil.

Well, something for my wish list. I practiced with my standard coil in a park that was trashy to practice...Lots of noise...Lots of trash picking..Lots of clad...one piece of jewelry...metal unknown...Lots more experience!

Way to go! Instant gratification on a new purchase never gets old. Congrats!

Great to hear.... Out of curiosity would a similar sized coil make a Whites VX3 any more efficient?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back