Finding owners of property

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
The only way I know for sure is to call the county assessor's office w/the legal description and ask the the last known address and name.

Zeke

Oct 26, 2004
Jackson Creek,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Here in my County.......Randolph Co. NC......there is a GIS page that is part of the tax dept. site. You can look up property by owner name, address, or tax id numbers. Plus it allows you to apply different layers to the page once you have found the property....aerial photo, streams, property lines, roads.....etc. It comes in handy when I see an old house that looks promising. There is all kinds of info on it......like when the house was built, owner address, etc.

Maybe there is one for your county. Go to your counties tax site and see. The county beside me has one too but its not as good. Doesnt allow you to see an aerial photo which helps in locating a certain house.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The County Assessor in the state of Ok has plat maps. If the property doesn't have an address ie: rural land, vacant lots, you can find the locale on the plat map and decipher the legal description. Once you have the legal description the Assessor can find the owner from the tax rolls. If you are in farming country, just drop in at the local cafe at about 7:00AM and it seems every farmer within 100 miles is in there drinking coffee. If the owner is not in there, someone will know who owns the land you are asking about. Sometimes they are kinda' clanish so be polite! JIM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread