Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "what is it" was found today in my driveway. Husband graded the driveway yesterday, this was found in the area where the old sharecropper's house was located. The tool looking thing, believe me it's the honest truth...my son found it while digging the grave to bury his cat. I asked him why he buried Garfield so far from the house, he stated it was easier digging down by the old logging trail. How I missed this, is news to me but I've found many a relic in that area. Next week, husband has a big job of removing bamboo from a yard, the house dates back to the early 1900's. That area is one of the oldest in town, I will try to MD that area as he is operating the backhoe. I know my fingernails are dirty, time for a manicure. ;D :D

:wink: RR

p4240361 (2).jpg

p4240362 (2).jpg

p4240363 (2).jpg

p4240364 (2).jpg

p4240365 (2).jpg

p4240367 (2).jpg
The bricks are in our sloping drainage, once the water reaches the big ditch...anyway, the water washed away the soil and these brick were exposed...located where the sharecropper's house was.​

p4240368 (2).jpg
My plans are to dig around the area for old bottles...without messing up my yard too much.​

p4240369 (2).jpg
These 2 relics were found back in the dinosaur days with my old Sears/White MD, left one is a window weight, the other I assume is a dog iron...that's what they called? You know, you put your firewood on it inside the fireplace/woodheater.​

Upvote 0

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
interesting looks like a car part or very rusty wrench?

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
At first I thought one was an old wrench,but after a better look,I don't think so.Maybe a 'cog' for something.The other?????

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The wrench looks to me as a water or gas shut of wrench and the other do da for an old wood cooking stove. Sorry about your cat we just lost ours.

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another construction site being detected........you have do, you never know what will be there or what has been there!!! ;D

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't know RR but I think you might be sitting on an old home site or something............I know. You already said that :D Good luck on future finds there :thumbsup:

zztop357

Jun 9, 2007
The first item isn't a wrench, its a handle you use to lift the round burners off the top of a wood stove.You know the round cut-out. They would do this so the skillet or pot would heat faster. We had several of these when I was a child.Mom would remove the circle and put a pot of beans on to cook all day.
HH zztop

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As the saying goes...you can't find it all. Nice finds without using one gallon of gas to get there. Interesting finds, sorry about your pet!

Steve ;D

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Looks like you are finding as many rusty relics as me! Good luck on searching the sharecroppers area and the logging trail! Who knows whats next!

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
I love those odd Iron relics. I have been in the process for the last couple of weeks of restoring and preserving some of the unique iron relics I've found over the past year and they are turning out just amazing. Good luck with the Bamboo Patch and thanks for the comment on the picture of Caleb and I that I posted the other day. You are too sweet :wink:

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
Removing bamboo??? I didn't think that was possible!!!! Google for the WSJ article about it..one of my friends has been try to get rid of it for years!! Very funny story!!!

MB

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Glad you finally located the sharecroppers house, you should pull some interesting things out of there. I love hanging out with the Hubby while he does the digging. :D Just watch out for the boom, don't want to get wacked in the noodle. :wink:

Sorry about the kitty.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Judie very cool finds and more good luck with the share croppers old homestead! Be careful you don't refinf Garfield! And don't worry about the fingernils looks like a MDers hands! :icon_sunny:

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
RR....Those are really neat finds! I think the most fascinating part of our hobby is finding stuff like that and wondering how in the world it got there! Keep em coming!

HH,
Moon

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Juju...yer fingernails are dirty. :D :tongue3: Just kiddin'!

You won't ever get that place cleaned out...especially if Alden keeps that dirt moved around for ya! :thumbsup:

Get back out there and find some more goodies! :wink:

Nana :-*

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions