Finding Yard/Garage/Estate Sales

Nov 17, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not afraid to tell a big trade secret for a newcomer. What the big-hitters do is drive around neighborhoods at around 7:00 am and look for people placing their signs on street corners.

As soon as the poster drives off take their sign and throw it in the trunk of your car. Then go to the sale and have the place to yourself! Be courteous, put the sign back when your
on your way to the next address listed in your trunk.

I hope you are kidding.

OP
OP
B

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Baltimore there's enough stuff in town for both of us, so I'll try not to consider us competitors. You've already gotten the two best tips - YardSaleTreasureMap and EstateSales.net. After that you'll have to start getting familiar with your local neighborhoods - which ones have the college kids, which ones are just plain poor (and thus tough pickings), which are old neighborhoods (old houses have old stuff), the rich neighborhoods, the hipsters (my neighborhood Hampden, for example), etc.
I'll never know how much giving this tip will cost me, but here goes . . . locate the Jewish neighborhood. You'll find the best Sunday yard sales there. Leave any preconceptions and prejudices at home.

Dont worry batcap, I'll try to stay out of your turf. I'm in bolton hill, so I'm actually not too far from you! I'm mostly doing this to pay the rent and have fun, so I'm not looking for fierce competition. I've gone out once so far, and it's been pretty relaxed actually.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread