Finds at an old pile of rocks!

yotman1

Mar 5, 2009
Watervliet, NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus - also a dealer
RARE Washington Inaugural Button Found!

A week ago me and my detecting partner Angelo were detecting without any luck and I found a new pile of rocks in the woods. We spent a couple of hours at this 'new' site and had to leave. We went back yesterday and spend 4 hours there with out XP Deus detectors! It is the MOST awesome Metal Detector I have ever used. Over the two days I found a small Batwing buckle 5 large cents 17_ _, 1807, 1810 1817, 1817 - Angelo got an 1818. We got several HUGE silver plated buttons, other HUGE coat Buttons, Tombac Buttons, cast pewter buttons. We also pulled a couple of small brass buckles a wonderful tiny ladies belt buckle, a cool pewter spoon. I found my find of the year so far - one of the rarest Washington Inaugural Buttons around. Similar to WI 14 on page 395 of Albert's Blue Button Book, published in 1976. It was an R-6 3-5 known. It does have the shank but it is flattened on the back. Likely more have been found since then but it is still extremely rare! Photos of it right out of the ground and after it was cleaned! It has a different edge and may be a unique specimen.
Colonial Homestead  foundation1aa.jpg Me and Angelo with XP Deus Detectors2.jpg Me and Angelo with XP Deus Detectors2aaa.jpg Colonial Homestead  foundation1cc.jpg Colonial Homestead  foundation1cdd.jpg Colonial Homestead  foundation1fff.jpg Me and Angelo with XP Deus Detectors2bbb.jpg Colonial Homestead  foundation1ggg.jpg WI #14 Button Extremely Rare222.jpg WI #14 Button Extremely Rare444.jpg WI #14 Button Extremely Rare555.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 7

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SUPER DIGS !!!!:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread