Finds at work Part II (lots of pics)

JasonL2972

May 8, 2005
sterling CT
Ok guys,I'm the guy that works for a piano shop and finds alot of coins and things in them,well,i said i had a bunch of stuff from almost 18 years in the bussiness and alot wanted to see it,so here it is,in no order whats so ever.The pic of my wifes hands shows some of the rings i've found,including the braclet and a few chains around here neck.And yes,even the wedding ring was found in a piano.Call me cheap to give here it,but i tried to buy here a new one and she said no,she wanted that one,so thats what she got.Not shown in the pics is a few other items which i had sold at one point,including a gold and diamond watch,2 other wedding rings,and a onyx ring.The watch sold on ebay for 1,200.00.And i had found it in a piano.

Attachments

• tk1.JPG
    tk1.JPG
    214.1 KB · Views: 603
  • tk2.JPG
    tk2.JPG
    175.7 KB · Views: 609
  • tk3.JPG
    tk3.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 605
  • tk4.JPG
    tk4.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 602
  • tk5.JPG
    tk5.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 599
  • tk6.JPG
    tk6.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 601
  • tk7.JPG
    tk7.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 607
  • tk8.JPG
    tk8.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 597
  • tk9.JPG
    tk9.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 600
Upvote 0

Old_Okie

Jun 14, 2007
Quite a collection! Just goes to show that Treasure is where you find it.

Thanks for sharing.

Old_Okie

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax
nice collection of coins quite few are from the UK makes me feel right at home.

OP
OP
J

JasonL2972

May 8, 2005
sterling CT
plehbah said:
That is an amazing collection. It looks like the top, and probably inside, of my crazy granny's piano.

Whereabouts do you find this stuff? I am wondering if half of my coins I found as a kid are inside crazy granny's piano. How would I go about searching a piano?

Nice assortment. Those pianos were prominent in parlors and living rooms. Alot of personal stories there.
Alot of the coins are found under the keys,they easily can slip between the keys and on vertical pianos theres a bottom under the keys which collect them (and alot of dirt and dust)and they don't fall out.Grands don't have a bottom under the keys that can collect them,but the still can get stuck under them.Also the backs of verticals have a "pocket"at the bottom,and being up against a wall most their life,things fall behind and stay forever.Not many folks pull thier piano,which can weight sometimes over 800lbs.,away from the wall to get stuff thats fallin behind.And also,in the bottom of the piano,accessable from the front by removing the bottom board,is alot of open space,kids stuff things in there and alot hide thier stuff in there.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's fascinating to view all those awesome treasures hidden away in pianos...you have a vast collection of everything. Those rings are beautiful, I don't blame your wife for keeping em.

;) RR

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Unbelievable find's there Jason.....Love em' all. Bart Starr :) , Green Hornet and Kato...I did find one of the New Pence "Heptagonal" coin's when they first came out,1969 at a play ground....Cool find's!!

junkdigger

Sep 15, 2004
clarkston,wa.
Are you drumming up some business,Jason? We're gonna tear into our pianos,then you'll be called to repair what we messed up! ;D
If I had a piano,I'd be into it right now!
Here is another idea I got from a friend. He takes a few tools and removes the cover of the heater core under the dash of old cars (old junkers). People put change on their dashboards ???,and it falls down the defroster vents,and to the heater core. He checked out several old cars in a farmyard-junkyard,and STUFFED his pockets (lots of Mercury dimes)! I tryed it on a '56 Olds though,and found only a rat's nest :-[

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
money gets in the darnest places eh? nice collection by the way -- phlem wants your SLQ --- I can hear him drooling --- Ivan

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat finds---That job has some great perks.

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
>:( Im in the wrong kind of work.
Nice collection.
Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread