Finds before the huge storm !!

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Man ! There was a huge thunder storm that is here ! The roads are all flooded and the hail was pounding my car ! I couldn't see to drive ! Glad i got my hunting done earlier.We got at least 3 or more inches of rain in a short period of time.Hunting will be good next time !! ;D

Shot gun shell bottom
Flag stick pin
Some sort of pin
Clad pennies and some wheats
Small heart pendant
clear marble
small glass bottle with top missing
A small baby ring or a pen ring
A cool arrow head pendant
and other misc. stuff

Attachments

• STUFF.JPG
    STUFF.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 927
Upvote 0

backitup83

Jan 24, 2006
Chesapeake Virginia
Detector(s) used
(XLT-x 2 ) )(BH Sharp Shooter 2) (Coinmaster 4000/D series2)(Coinmaster 2/DB series 2)(Discovery 2)(Discovery 1000)
The arrow head looks like what AVON use to put out in a necklace. I had one and lost it, but not at the beach.
Great finds.
Mike

M

mchamby

Nice finds, what kind of area were you hunting in?
Mchamby

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Nice assortment of finds Reddielocks. And yes I thing that arrow head is really cool. Tried to detect yesterday before the storm. Drove about 3 miles and saw a huge mass of darkness ahead of me. So much lightning sure was a nutty t-storm, that is if we got hit by the same mess.

Wonder how fast a MDer would get hit in an open field by lightning? Don't know if the detectors field raises the chances a bunch, but I sure didn't want to mess with that storm yesterday that hit here.

Congratulations,

Postalrevnant

Rowdy

Jun 11, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6
backitup83 said:
The arrow head looks like what AVON use to put out in a necklace. I had one and lost it, but not at the beach.
Great finds.
Mike

Talk about a coincidence! I had one of those when I was a kid, and my name is Mike to!!!

backitup83

Jan 24, 2006
Chesapeake Virginia
Detector(s) used
(XLT-x 2 ) )(BH Sharp Shooter 2) (Coinmaster 4000/D series2)(Coinmaster 2/DB series 2)(Discovery 2)(Discovery 1000)
LOL, I haven't been a kid in a very long time,long, long time. OK so I'm not really that old it just feels that way. I wonder if Avon still makes that arrow head. Nice to meet ya, both of you, Reddie where is the Piedmont's is that mountains and Rowdy, sounds like a name a Texan would use.
Mike

OP
OP
Spitfire Reddie

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
backitup83 said:
LOL, I haven't been a kid in a very long time,long, long time. OK so I'm not really that old it just feels that way. I wonder if Avon still makes that arrow head. Nice to meet ya, both of you, Reddie where is the Piedmont's is that mountains and Rowdy, sounds like a name a Texan would use.
Mike

I am in the area circled in black.We do visit the mountains a lot Asheville mostly.Got family up there.

Attachments

• NC-SALEMTOWNE-WEB-MAP.JPG
    NC-SALEMTOWNE-WEB-MAP.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 771

1badtacoma

Aug 21, 2005
Wilson, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 250
Hey your not two far from where I live. The storm was pretty bad my way to. I live east of you, close two wilson. Nice finds by the way.

OP
OP
Spitfire Reddie

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
1badtacoma said:
Hey your not two far from where I live. The storm was pretty bad my way to. I live east of you, close two wilson. Nice finds by the way.

Did you get hail too !? Those rains were trenchel weren't they !? Lighting was pretty bad too.They said our area got the worst of it.

sfinder

Jun 25, 2006
Fort Dodge, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Prizm V and DD Coil
Don't think I would want to go MD ing in lightning. The machine probably would act like a lightning rod like a golf club.

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Nice little assortment Reddie! Congrats!
I like the old flag pin and the little heart.
Hope the rain makes it better detecting for you.

Smiles!
BDoo

1badtacoma

Aug 21, 2005
Wilson, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 250
No the storm was not that bad. It was just raining like crazy and lightnig was striking everywhere. One time it struck really close to my house, all I heard was a big crack from the lighting and the power blinked out.

DETREASUREHNTR

Jun 15, 2006
Bear,DE
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 3300
Nice finds red! Looks like the storm is heading up the coast now and will do some serious beach erosion! get ready set go LOL

backitup83

Jan 24, 2006
Chesapeake Virginia
Detector(s) used
Reddielocks , Wow thats pretty close to me. When I worked for a security company the area you circled on the map was on my route. I live in Chesapeake Va.
Mike

Rowdy

Jun 11, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6
backitup83 said:
Mike

Actually that's a nickname I picked up many moons ago from some friends! Incidentally, I just turned 40, so I'm not really that old either. Then again, since I've raced motorcycles of various sorts off and on for the last 25 years or so, I can claim high mileage instead of age! :)

Oh, I'm in the Staunton area.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and congrats on the silver! HH, Mike

Rowdy

Jun 11, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6
Did a bit of poking around in the dresser drawer, and lookee what I found! I think your's is actually in better shape! :D

Attachments

• necklace.jpg
    necklace.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 183

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread