Finds Before the Pavement

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Returned to the vacant lots last night that the city is going to pave for more school parking and had a good hour of digs.On one lot where the garage that would not hold a car of todays model once set, I looked for the path that might have been used to what was once the back of the house and worked that area.Found 6 Wheats,1935,2-34.s 42D,40,AND A 39.Found one 1941 damaged Merc, 65 dime,64 Jeff nickle,Two old toy wheels and a small lighter that i thought was just a chunk of brass untill i cleaned it. It is a lighter that is 1 1/4 x 1 1/4 x 3/8 inch.Made by Continental.Think it may be from 50's or 60's.Found a Alum,Wood Nickle Play Money. IN three hours w/two trips i have found 11 Wheats.Hope to hit it again after work.Thanks for looking,and HH.

Attachments

• MVC-006F.JPG
    MVC-006F.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 431
  • MVC-007F.JPG
    MVC-007F.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 430
  • MVC-008F.JPG
    MVC-008F.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 429
Upvote 0

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Nice haul Can't wait to see what else you find 8)

ACE VILLAV

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Jarman!!! Keep 'em coming!!! ;)

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs Jarman!

HH

Lonewolfe

F

Floater

Way to go Jarman. Go into the Garage area. Never know they may of had a stash. HH

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool digs jarman!! Cant wait for your other posts!HH

OP
OP
J

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Thanks all for the great remarks? :)

Stoney, I think its just been cut.I found a few chunks of flat lead in the same area with metal snip cuts on them and quessed some kid could'ent help themself.See side veiw pic.But then again I have never seen a clipped planchet first hand.A dime sure bought a bag full of candy in the 40's,50's and 60's? :o

Attachments

• MVC-009F.JPG
    MVC-009F.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 320

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a clipped planchet to me!! I too have not seen any first hand, but lots of pictures. I would take it to a coin shop or have it graded at one point.

Nice finds and keep it up!!

HH!!

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Nice digs Jarman...Too bad about the dime. When you "test bite" a coin, you're not supposed to chew and swallow! ;D Next time take along some snacks ;) Cool lighter!~CO2

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Jarman, my monitor is a little dark tonite but looks like just been cut from that angle. A clipped planchet actually is very smooth in the crescent.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very cool,,, JARMAN...
Love that old lighter,,, Any lighter is still on my list of first, I haven't even found a bic yet... ;D
Good luck & Happy hunting~

OP
OP
J

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
CO2,Thats so ;D ;D I think i'll melt down the Merc,to cap my broken tooth. ;D

Stoney, sorry pic is dark.The cut is rolled up and out from one side to the other.After looking at some clipped planchets on the web I agree with you,It should be a clean downward cut. Thanks for asking you forced me to look and learn something today.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread