Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100_3024-1.jpg

A couple of years ago we got permission to hunt this site. But it didn't look anything like it does today. It was overgrown with Kudzu and weeds, so had to settle for another site on this same property at the time. Riding around several weeks ago, we see that it had been cleared and partially planted! ;D No one was at home at the time, but Lisa rode back back a few days later and found the owner at home. Found out that he was the new owner to the property, but he instantally gave permission for us to hunt the place. :thumbsup:

First day there hunting a man rides up and asked us if we had permission to be there. We tell him yeah and chat for a few minutes and he goes on his way. Here's what I found the first day....

100_3029-1.jpg

100_3033-1.jpg

100_3032-1.jpg

The first time we were there, we weren't sure what had been planted other than the tomatoes that were visible, so we tiptoed around the plowed area. Second time there the owner came by and we asked him about it. He said nothing was planted there, and wouldn't be till fall, so go for it! Alrighty then! He leaves and we're hunting and along comes the neighbor that had stopped by the first day. Seems he's pretty upset that we're digging around in what he had just planed in squash! :-X We tell him what the owner had said, so being that he's just borrowing the site to plant he says, OK... then and backs off. We had no idea that he had planed more the day before...and being the nice gals that we are, we avoided the planted area. :D Actually, we hadn't done any damage to the garden anyhow, but that old guy thought we were tearing it up! :D
I found something that I have had on my "gotta find" list....but I totally messed it up. :'( Found it right at the bottom edge of the chimney. Was down about five inches and just my luck, between two rocks. :-X Kept picking till it finally let go and I wanted to cry after I saw what it was I had found and what a mess I had made of it.

100_3093.jpg

100_3091.jpg

100_3096-1.jpg

OH...found a tooth too! :D

100_3114.jpg

Across the way is another field and we hunted there several hours one day...wheats, regular cents and a neat music box...

100_3051.jpg

100_3050.jpg

That's about it for the past month or so..toooo dang hot to stay out for more than a couple of hours at a time. Waiting on the fall temps!!

Nana :)

Upvote 0
Very nice and noteworthy finds Bama Nana!!! Is the #107 tag a cow tag or what? I see you found another marble. HH-Hot in Tennessee too.

I agree with you on the hot. I'm waiting for the fall also. You did find some awsome finds though. Thanks for sharing. HH......

Very cool I found RR luggage tag a while back, i sold it for almost 100.00, you might have a rare one there.

WTG on those relics. I love hunting old foundations, you never know what you will find. I am surprised you didn't find any coins yet. That is a promising site so I would hit it again. I like that baggage claim tag. :icon_thumleft:

Oh Nanna I bet you had fun at that site. Wish I could be there to share the heat. :laughing7: Congrats on the finds.

Burdie

:icon_thumright: wtg Nana you girls where on fire out there btw nice music box does it still work ?

You sure did find some intesting stuff. Keep on working it I sure there is some neat coins to be found there.....Matt

Wowwee, look at those finds :o Love the little music box. I think we need a hunt in Bama, right WSD? :D

:wink: RR

Great finds!
Baggins

Nice digs Nana, I like the bag tag. Those are cool finds. Congrats on all the nice relics. jgas

Beautiful! Is that the 'Mobile-Louisville'RR Line? Outstanding.I like the hearts,always make a great gift to the ladies.Yes RR,a hunt would be great there or anywhere south of the Mason/Dixon line,even in north or south La!!!

awesome finds looks like you got a place to hunt for a while!!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back