possumheaded

Sep 25, 2006
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 & Ace 250, White's DFX, Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Guys and Gals,
I have been so caught up with trying to find stuff while MDn that I forgot about other ways of coming about some treasure.
Anyway, a couple of years ago a friend of mine died and he lived in his Grandparents old house which was also his Great Grandmothers house. I remember at several of his parties thinking about how nice it would be to explore the house, barns, and etc. to see what cool stuff we could find but at that time we were more into killing the keg and going back to the beer store for more(which is what eventually cost him his life)than we were into old stuff. It had a room full of old books and stuff and to me it was the coolest room in the house. His mom lived in California and at the funeral she told us to go by his house and get anything there that we wanted because she was selling it before going back to Cali. We went there and the first place I went was to the library room and sitting on top of one of the book shelves was a little box and it had some coins and some stamps in it. So I grabbed it and a couple of books and we left because we had other people with us and they didn't want to hang around. I had planned on going back but never did. I moved shortly after and packed the little box away with everything else. I found it yesterday and I'm glad I did. Here are a few pics of some of its contents. Now if I can just find something like this with my metal detector. I think it would be more special to me digging them up.
1881.JPG
BN.JPG
dime.JPG
IP.JPG
stamp.JPG

I really wished I could have gone back especially now that I'm into Metal Detecting but someone bought the house and bulldozed it and put a business and parking lot there. There were also 2 silver half dollars, several silver quarters and dimes and lots of wheat pennies but these pictured were the best.
I hope everyone is having a great week.
HH,
Ed

Upvote 0

prospectorYorkPA

Jan 16, 2007
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism III
If the confederate stamp is authentic, may be the most valuable. The Morgan dollar is a fair $15 item. Rest isn't really something that is exciting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread