finds from a recent trip

alb1

Jan 15, 2014
Weselberg, Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab Ctx 3030, my favorite E-Trac & NEL Tornado. Garrett Carrot, (Previously, MXT PRO with D2 and SEF 10x12 coil)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While visiting family in Sacramento, CA I managed to find time to hit up a park near where my mom grew up and found the following. A bullet, 58 wheatie, 46 Rosie, brass like ring and clad. It was approaching 90 deg before 11am so I was only at this park for a couple hrs. I have a good feeling it has never been hunted as the finds were fairly close to the surface. (except the bullet, that was 7 inches deep). I also made a trip out to American Falls, ID to see my brother. Down his street was an abandoned apt complex about 100yrs old. My first coin was a 1918-S penny, then a 27-s which I made the mistake of accidentally tumbling with clad coins as you can see. Also there I found a very crusted 1929-S penny, date visible when turned on an angle, 1942-s, 46, 51. My big find was a 1918-S Merc and 1928 Buffalo nickel (only my second buffalo), both near the front door of the corner apt. The soil was amazingly soft and went very deep. All coins were between 5-8 inches deep. I was hoping to find my first indian head, of liberty nickel :unhappysmiley:. I look forward to hunting again in both locations.

Attachments

• idfalls.jpg
    idfalls.jpg
    607.3 KB · Views: 66
  • idfalls1.jpg
    idfalls1.jpg
    565.2 KB · Views: 58
Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread