bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys and gals. I haven't posted in quite some time as I have only been out detecting twice in the past year before this past week. Other demands in life have taken precedence. Well, I went to Florida to my inlaws in Clermont for Christmas. I took both of my detectors down with me so my brother in law and I could get some hunting in. We checked his backyard first. Aside from a few pennys I found the neat trade token. Anyone know what year or era this is from? It is marked with 35054 on the back. A day or two later we checked an area park and I came away with the silver bracelet with the girls name Karena on it and I'm guessing her birthdate on the back.
A few days later we hit the Gulf Coast and came away with a few goodies. First we found some change and then I got what I thought was a pull tab. Out came a shiny disc with hole in it. At first I thought it was a dog tag. I flipped it over to read "Suncoast Cremetory" with "1345" below it. What the heck is this I thought? My brother in law suggested it was probably in an urn with someones ashes that got thrown into the sea. Cool, my first macabre find.
After that we found a good deal more change and then my brother in law hollered that he had found a ring. It was Sterling silver and looks almost exactly like the one in my pic that I found later. I was glad for him to find something good to get him hooked. What was funny is not two minutes later and about 60 feet away, I found a silver locket with the words "Forever in my Heart" on the front of it. I said, "Yeah right, forever in my pocket." It had a little picture in it but the color was all gone.
A little while later after finding about 10 thousand pulltabs, I yanked out my sterling ring. Anyone recognize that hallmark of BSD?
I also found a cool little metal dinosaur that is no longer with me. Didn't find the diamond encrusted ring I was after, but still had a great time. I ended up deciding to give my Fisher detector to my brother in law so he could get involved with the hobby properly. I think I got him hooked and he's looking forward to getting to the coast after storms.

Stupid me-- when my brother in law dropped me off, I got out of the car, placed the cremetory tag, the dinosaur, and my sunglasses on top of his car. I went around to the trunk, collected all of my equipment and then forgot about the goodies on the roof. I remembered a few minutes later when I went to show my wife the goods. CRAP!! I called my b in law quick and he said that he did hear something fall off his roof when he took the first left on the main road. He saw my sunglasses fall, got out and retrieved them, but didn't look on the roof. The dinosaur fell off as I was talking to him. It was too busy for him to stop. I went out with a flashlight to the intersection but it was getting dark. It could have gone anywhere. The next day, he came over and we drove to the spot. He walked up and found the tag right away in the grass where he had turned. Sweet, saved.

Attachments

• Florida finds.jpg
    Florida finds.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 645
  • Crematory tag.jpg
    Crematory tag.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 647
  • locket.jpg
    locket.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 647
  • Bracelet.jpg
    Bracelet.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 643
  • Bracelet..jpg
    Bracelet..jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 645
Upvote 0
OP
OP
bearbqd

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
more pics

Attachments

• Token.jpg
    Token.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 654
  • ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 646
  • Hallmark.jpg
    Hallmark.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 643

iukams

Dec 26, 2009
Iuka,MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, Ace 150, GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow great find. I really like the ring...

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
Very great finds. Looks like when my wife sells her script and we buy some of that foreclosure property in Florida. I'll have to use one of them to stay in and roam all around and detect.
HH

acehunter

Feb 2, 2009
california
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, gold scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Very nice of you to give your brother in- law a detector. I am sure he is hooked by now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread