Finds from friday...little late

B

Bev

I was in the woodsy part of Rhode Island friday and saw a road where I knew an old farm house was for sale. The driveway was about 300 feet long and narrow and I chickened out about 2/3rd of the way up. I turned around and there was a guy blocking the entrance with his truck and looking pretty mean. I gave him the dumbest grin I could and told him I was going to look at the house for a client but didnt go all the way up. Gave him my card and he instantly became a really nice guy! He was the caretaker for the property for the last 13 years. We must have talked for an hour! He said go on up and look around, no one's there. Of course the conversation came around to metal detecting and he says you wont find anything- but go 'head anyway.
The homeowner used to have wild parties he told me. She used to invite the police and politicians so she wouldnt get shut down. She used to handmake all the ball gowns for the wives at 3K and 4K each! I didnt stay long but I was elated when I uncovered what I think was a button from one of her gowns! Unfortunately the property was built up with a lot of gravel and wasn't easy to dig but still had some fun and learned a lot- He also said he was taking it off the market and that I could sell it in spring!! Woo hoo!
Found a heavy copper thing- bullet? A modern faucet piece, modern penny, cap off something, a few nails...

Attachments

• Picture 1932.jpg
    Picture 1932.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 489
Upvote 0

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on your finds Faith! . . . I mean Bev!
Sorry, I couldn't resist! :laughing7:
Bet there's a lot more good stuff to be found there too. :notworthy:

Cheers,
Dave

Jun 17, 2010
Middle,Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Detectors used: Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Ace 250,Garrett Treasure-Ace 200(retired) with Garrett PRO-POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like a great day out
really cool finds!!

OP
OP
B

Bev

Antiquarian said:
Congrats on your finds Faith! . . . I mean Bev!
Sorry, I couldn't resist! :laughing7:
Bet there's a lot more good stuff to be found there too. :notworthy:

Cheers,
Dave

You're too funny! - I was hoping for cool stuff like you all find, but having the button connect the caretaker's story was really cool!

captain ack1

Sep 19, 2010
ack
Detector(s) used
technetics, fisher1280,excal11, whites dual field PI
i was brought up in e.g....what part of the state are you talking about???

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you know how to hunt relics, use the courtesy and persistence and I try ......
in the another safe place that has very good results. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
B

Bev

captain ack1 said:
i was brought up in e.g....what part of the state are you talking about???

Foster Rhode Island~! I love it out there but I'm only 10 minutes from East Greenwich- How nice someone knows what I'm talking about!

You must know the Crow's Nest restaurant, right? That's my uncle and cousins!

captain ack1

Sep 19, 2010
ack
Detector(s) used
it so happens that my grand father used to be chairman of the foster fair back in the 50s and 60s...you should have hopkins, cooks ,salsburys and bates and allsops running around out that way...i know the area quite well..good luck ..try to go around the situate resevoir...when they made it, alot of towns were evacuated back in the 1920s...hh

OP
OP
B

Bev

Really? I always wondered about that!!! THANK YOU!

captain ack1

Sep 19, 2010
ack
Detector(s) used
heres what i used to do for new places to dig...get an RI street directory for the different towns and look for school st. or church st....go there and look around for where the playground used to be...hh :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread