Finds from Gold N Gem Grubbin Mine in Cleveland, Ga. - As Seen on TV (lol)

Foose

Apr 12, 2007
Fayetteville, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350 & Garrett Ace 250
Finds from Gold N' Gem Grubbin Mine in Cleveland, Ga. - As Seen on TV (lol)

So the family and I took a trip up to the Gold N' Gem Grubbin Mine in Cleveland, Ga. today as made famous by the TV show Cash & Treasures (unsolicated plug - lol). We had a great time and can't wait to go back. We only live 1.5 hours away so I know we will be back soon! We did some gem grubbin and panning for gold. We thoroughly enjoyed our day together. Just watching the excitement in my kids face and hearing them yell, "Dad I found another diamond" made the trip priceless! My 9 year old son and 6 year old son had the most fun. Our 17 month old daughter threw rocks and chased the two dogs that were on the property . . . so she had fun as well!

I was asked to share my results so here you go. These are pictures of the gems/minerals we found in our bucket. This was the most fun of the day. We literally spent hours going through our bucket and had a blast doing it. I am no expert so if anyone sees anything they think might be worth getting looked at please let me know. I would like to have some of the pieces cut but don't want to waste time or money if nothing is worth the effort or money. Thanks for looking!!

Attachments

• Gems.jpg
    Gems.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 4,950
  • Gems3.jpg
    Gems3.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,144
  • Gems4.jpg
    Gems4.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,009
  • Gems5.jpg
    Gems5.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,070
  • Gems6.jpg
    Gems6.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 969
  • Gems7.jpg
    Gems7.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 987
  • Gems9.jpg
    Gems9.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 980
  • Gems8.jpg
    Gems8.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 938
  • Gems10.jpg
    Gems10.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 941
  • Gems12.jpg
    Gems12.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 934
  • Gems13.jpg
    Gems13.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 927
Upvote 0

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Re: Finds from Gold N' Gem Grubbin Mine in Cleveland, Ga. - As Seen on TV (lol)

Nice little Minerals.

bugsybrown

Feb 28, 2007
LAKE WORTH, FL

I am taking my son to Gold N Gem from the 11 - 18 of August. We plan to tent camp there all week, pan for gold and gems, maybe look in the area for so white water rafting, fishing and just generally a week away from civilization. I can not wait. I am bringing my Beah Hunter ID to help in the gold panning. Hopefully I will have some nice pics to share with everyone.

49erjohn

Mar 21, 2007

bugsybrown...please let us know how you do at gold n gem grubbin mine. make sure you go down to the river...JOHN

49erjohn

Mar 21, 2007

foose---did you find any gold? did you see anyone at the mine find any gold?? JOHN

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab

Foose, spending time with the family and having a good time is what this hobby is all about. Glad you had a Great Time with the kids and wife!
HH

Desertfox

OP
OP
Foose

Foose

Apr 12, 2007
Fayetteville, GA
Detector(s) used

49erjohn said:
foose---did you find any gold? did you see anyone at the mine find any gold?? JOHN

John . . . I sent you an email with details, but yes we did pan for some gold and found many small pieces (too small to call nuggets I think ;D ). We did not pan in the river because my daughter is only 17 months and is quite the handful in the water. However, we did see several people at the river panning. They were finding gold there. What they do is dump loads of the dirt they get out of their mine on the shore of the creek so in essence no matter if you pan in the creek or up at the main building, you are going through the same ore material. But to answer your question, yes there is gold in the material they have. We met a gentleman that has been coming to the mine for years. He purchases the $130 bucket and takes his time going through it. He showed me two vials he had from his previous two trips and probably had a little over 1/2 ounce in each vial. We were directly across from him and he found one nice size little nugget while we were talking to him. So, I think it would be a great trip for you. I hope this helps . . . and Good Luck!

OP
OP
Foose

Foose

Apr 12, 2007
Fayetteville, GA
Detector(s) used

desertfox said:
Foose, spending time with the family and having a good time is what this hobby is all about. Glad you had a Great Time with the kids and wife!
HH

Desertfox

I couldn't have said it better myself. We had a great family day together. My boys are really getting into "treasure hunting". They loved going through the gems/minerals and they also have enjoyed metal detecting with me as well. What better way to spend time together?!?!?!

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005

As I live in Middle Tennessee, it has been on my mind for quite awhile to head that way, or over to North Carolina to do some gem/gold hunting.

Not sure when I will be able to take off work to do so, but it is something on my to-do list!
;D

bedpanmoneyman

Jun 17, 2007
Lebanon, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX

Foose,

That rose quartz looks like it might make a nice cut. So does the garnet and aquamarine pieces as well.

BPMM

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cool minerals.WTG.

coolio

May 10, 2007
Ontario, Canada

They are beautiful. I wish there was a place in my area to get some of those. My daughter would love it.

CaptJohn

Sep 6, 2006
Fairhope Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tent Camping, Yep We did that there. We have tent site# 1, by a creek, but a long ways from the Bath shower rooms. Can't get to the creek there very easily or at all. Also lots of posion Ivy in the bushes and along the trails. Dogs, yep the mine owns 18 dogs and they run free, but friendly. A curve on the hwy is about 100' away from those low numbered camp sites and trafic keeps you awake some. Town is close by for Lunch or what ever. We had a good time. NEXT time I plan to test that pile of dirt by the other creek, the one you are allowed to pan on. WE found Gold in the buckets we paned, we were pleased. You can also fish in the pond by the panning sluce for #5 a day. pay extra if over 5 Lbs. of fish. My grandson caught about 10 big bluegill on is flyrod.

OP
OP
Foose

Foose

Apr 12, 2007
Fayetteville, GA
Detector(s) used

CaptJohn said:
Tent Camping, Yep We did that there. We have tent site# 1, by a creek, but a long ways from the Bath shower rooms. Can't get to the creek there very easily or at all. Also lots of posion Ivy in the bushes and along the trails. Dogs, yep the mine owns 18 dogs and they run free, but friendly. A curve on the hwy is about 100' away from those low numbered camp sites and trafic keeps you awake some. Town is close by for Lunch or what ever. We had a good time. NEXT time I plan to test that pile of dirt by the other creek, the one you are allowed to pan on. WE found Gold in the buckets we paned, we were pleased. You can also fish in the pond by the panning sluce for #5 a day. pay extra if over 5 Lbs. of fish. My grandson caught about 10 big bluegill on is flyrod.

Glad you had a good time CaptJohn. That place is really a neat place to go. We will go back for sure. We found gold as well. Overall it was a fun day. Yeah, my daughter loved the dogs. They kept her busy while we searched for gems and panned. Poisin Ivy is the state flower in Georgia . . . didn't you know that . . . ;D . . . if I get within 10 feet of the stuff I break out. We heard the fishing was good in the pond but didn't bring any gear with us. We will have to try that next time.

Patrol

Dec 4, 2006
Northeast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Whites Surf II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What a coincidence. My wife and I will be in Cleveland, GA all next week and one of the places we plan on hitting is the Gold N' Gem Grubbin Mine. Saw the Worley girl from TV there and she did very well. (I suspect they helped her out).

Good to hear that everyone had fun there. We also plan on going over to the Gold Museum in Dahlenaga (sp) and some of the mines there.

Happy hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions