Finds from last couple times out

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pieces of 12 lb cannon ball w/ case shot. Felling axe head, iron ring make up the top row.

Then there are 2 flattened musket balls and a minie used as a nipple protector (notice the tip of the minie, 3 pieces of chewed on lead. In the middle row there are a collection of Confederate musket balls and Yankee three ring minie balls and 1 .53 caliber Sharps

The last row starting at left: 3 pieces of harmonica reeds, a piece of camp lead used for making bullets, next at top, is a buckle of the leather strap of a kepi (the main type of hat worn by the CW soldier). Under it is another buckle stamped with "1854". To the left of those is a colonial 1700s flat button and a button dug from a Confederate redoubt that still has gold glit and is labeled "Plated" on the back with a wreath (above is a leather rivet). Finally is a lip to some type of bag and what looks like some type of leather or cloth grommet?? (Savage bullet above)
Thanks for taking a look and hope you liked :)

Attachments

• MD pics 111.jpg
    MD pics 111.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 424
  • MD pics 109.jpg
    MD pics 109.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 421
Upvote 0

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bunch of relics. I wish we had Civil War stuff around here.

HH

T

TreasureTales

Very nice group of relics. WTG! You'll have to open your very own museum if you keep finding this type of material. (I hope you'll be giving TNet members free admission. :D) Seriously, it's good to see American history being saved by those who love it.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Ifn" I was a palm reader..your future would be out in the open..lol Nice finds my friend and keep it up..HH

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks you guys. I tell you recovery and preservation are very big things to me. These objects dont only have intrinsic value, they also have historical and personal value and I love to find them. I small museum huh? ;D ;) That would be nice. That is my goal.

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:)

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice looking civil war bullets

HH Jer

T

TreasureTales

romeo-1 said:
Awesome finds...quick question...what is a redoubt?

I believe a redoubt would have been a small, temporary, defensive enclosure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread