Finds from last few days at old logging site in nor-cal.

Dirtfisher707

Dec 27, 2015
Nor-Cal
Detector(s) used
Garret AtPro and AtGold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are some finds from the site. A deputy constable star badge,1909 s Indian head, pocket watch and plate, and other cool relics I'm not sure about. Dose anyone out there have a good process to clean rare Indian head penny's that will not further damage the coin? Thanx and happy hunting. image.jpeg

Upvote 8

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great grouping of finds, well done on the badge and the IH. What's the silver item between the star and the fob?

OP
OP
D

Dirtfisher707

Dec 27, 2015
Nor-Cal
Detector(s) used
Garret AtPro and AtGold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure but it's plated copper. It looks like a horse race with a guy in a clock tower.. It has a small hole in it. It's definitely hand mad. Maybe with some kind of press to indent the picture.

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool assortment of finds. On older copper coins, I use a wooden toothpick or matchstick with cotton swabs and olive oil. If it is a rare date. You might want to have a coin dealer arrange to have it cleaned, graded, and encapsulated by PCGS. The 1909s IHP is a key date.

Last edited:

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If that 1909 s has any kind of detail then $$$

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat assortment of finds. I love the badge.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic finds, DirtFisher707! That badge is a killer, and as you probably found it in northern California (where I am also from) it was most likely made by either the Ed Jones Company out of Oakland, or the Irvine & Jachens Company out of San Fransisco. Is there a hallmark or pin/catch still on the reverse? I would enjoy more pix of the badge! Happy Hunting, Sub 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread