finds from miami,florida.. newbie

hurricane dale

Nov 1, 2009
miami,florida
Detector(s) used
GARRETT AT PRO, minelab excaliber II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
greetings from miami,florida... just started today for first time at the ripe age of 38... :hello: nice opening day for me hit a local park at the tot lot and volleyball sand box courts (2).. then went to a second park and hit around the concession grass area.. spent about 3 1/2 hours today.. here are the totals: q-18.....d-19.....n-21.....p-3.... for a grand total of 7.48 in clad and i guess thats not bad for my first day.. i must admit i will have to up grade.. i have a bounty hunter brand new quick silver... so, when this money adds up ill buy a whites hopefully.. thanks for reading .. hope ya'll have a nice sunday and happy hunting.. p.s. will try to go to miami beach.. south beach next weekend..lots of tourists there on the beaches..go hurricanes

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 604
Upvote 0
OP
OP
hurricane dale

hurricane dale

Nov 1, 2009
miami,florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks ..for the welcome :headbang: appreciate it.... :icon_thumright:

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
Welcome to Tnet! Thanks for posting your finds...I can't wait to see what you pull off the beaches down there come say, SPRING BREAK!?
One thing good about Florida. You are never TOO far from a beach!
Luck to ya on your digs
~Nash~

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
them ole bounty hunters will get the good stuff ;D nice haul MR TUFF

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You got the fever....you'll never be the same again.

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the hobby and board!
I can only imagine how many snowbird MD'ers hit those beaches every morning.... I thought about spring break, but with a 4 1/2 hr drive to Miami, I may just have to settle for Ft. Myers or St. Pete.... Maybe even do some night hunting. I wonder if that is safe anymore? $1000 worth of equipment, earphone deaf and distracted could mean easy pickens to some slimebag... Hmmm. Might have to think more about that...

Maybe sometime I can make the drive over and we can hit the beach together... If you have a spouse, we can let them go window shopping whilst we try to dig the $$ to pay for their venture... LOL..

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Welcome to the madness! Send some heat and sun to us midwesterners :headbang: Hope to see the big money posts from the beaches soon. Goodluck and again, Welcome. jgas

OP
OP
hurricane dale

hurricane dale

Nov 1, 2009
miami,florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah silver sounds like a plan..nah divorced again,,thank god..lol ..as for night hunting the police kick people off the beach because of liability issues... to be honest i never really have seen many md'ers sharking the beach..lol.. jgas ..i'll do my best to send you some sun and warm weather...but, send me some old school clad please..lol i will have more updates when hunting soon.. most likely this weekend its south beach...hopefully my first gold.. 8)

detectoraddict

Aug 3, 2004
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, DFX, F-75
Good start! Wait till you hit your first gold and old silver! It will come soon.

Happy Harry

Feb 15, 2008
San Mateo County California
Detector(s) used
ACE250,Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did not get started in this hobby until I was 62. Been at it almost 2 years. Have paid for my equipment with just the clad I have found. It really does add up. Welcome!! Keep tabs on where you hunt and what you found at each site. That way you will know if is worth returning for a future hunt. There are Parks that have given me just a penny each time back. I'll not be returning very soon(if ever). There are parks that have given me $3-$7 each time I go. To those I will return. HHHH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions