🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We have been hunting a site for years and have found a lot of stuff there. But recently finds were far and few between. Recently I went back and went to a part of the field we have not hunted much. I was using a Minelab GPX as the soil here is extremely hot due to the old red bricks in the ground from some old building that burned down before the civil war. The Confederates used this hill as an artillery placement before the Union pushed them out. I decided to hunt very slow as I knew if there was anything there it would be deep. And deep they were. Most bullets were about 16" deep on an average. A few finds were a little deeper. The first picture was from 5 short hunts of two 2hr, two 3hr and one 1 hour hunt. Of those bullets one was a Wilkinson bullet used by NC troops and a teat based three ringer used by GA troops. The Indianhead penny is either a 1903 or an 18?3. I can make out the 1 and the 3. The next picture was another short hunt where I moved a little further down the hill and first two targets were Eagle buttons. Then got some more bullets. The last pictures are of my last one hour hunt last week. Hunting that side of the hill again I got a really good deep tone. Removed my plug which was 12" deep scanned hole and it was still in hole. Dug down deeper and saw what I thought was an old coin in the dirt clod. As I removed the dirt I saw the shank then thought it was a flat button. Turned it over and saw U S on it I knew I had something good. According to Albert's button book it is an 1820's Great Coat button Army General Service 2 piece. Now we have dug well over 100 eagle buttons on this site but this was the first we have recovered here.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 73
Upvote 0

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have been hunting a site for years and have found a lot of stuff there. But recently finds were far and few between. Recently I went back and went to a part of the field we have not hunted much. I was using a Minelab GPX as the soil here is extremely hot due to the old red bricks in the ground from some old building that burned down before the civil war. The Confederates used this hill as an artillery placement before the Union pushed them out. I decided to hunt very slow as I knew if there was anything there it would be deep. And deep they were. Most bullets were about 16" deep on an average. A few finds were a little deeper. The first picture was from 5 short hunts of two 2hr, two 3hr and one 1 hour hunt. Of those bullets one was a Wilkinson bullet used by NC troops and a teat based three ringer used by GA troops. The Indianhead penny is either a 1903 or an 18?3. I can make out the 1 and the 3. The next picture was another short hunt where I moved a little further down the hill and first two targets were Eagle buttons. Then got some more bullets. The last pictures are of my last one hour hunt last week. Hunting that side of the hill again I got a really good deep tone. Removed my plug which was 12" deep scanned hole and it was still in hole. Dug down deeper and saw what I thought was an old coin in the dirt clod. As I removed the dirt I saw the shank then thought it was a flat button. Turned it over and saw U S on it I knew I had something good. According to Albert's button book it is an 1820's Great Coat button Army General Service 2 piece. Now we have dug well over 100 eagle buttons on this site but this was the first we have recovered here.

I enjoy all your finds & you done very well pointing out the ones that 'Shine' the most.

You done real good.
Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread