NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My excuse for not getting more gold ---spent too much time finding coins
water was rough everyday except a small window on Monday morn when it was some what calm - had it been calmer - I would have easily doubled my finds or better
2 spots I hit held bulk of coins and I was getting multiple hits with each swing - I did not cover much ground either - if I lived down there and got some better conditions - cant imagine
what I would have gotten - I dropped my good mask and some a hole grabbed it - so that hurt me a little - last day hunting got hit with a wave and stiff armed my rod and shattered the upper one -
had to slide the lower up - shorten it to use so had to go shallower - was like a washing machine most time out there - you had to get most targets on first scoop or youre scre###
real bad rip currents - trying to head north would take ten mins. to go ten feet --turn south and current was pushing you by targets --saw one guy trying to do it without a mask -
he was scooping like 10 times for a target and he kept getting pushed away and fight to get back to it ---I was amazed at the amount of coins I got - told one guy and he laughed and said
probably all pennies - no sir was getting lots of quarters in a few areas - only 3 pieces of gold - all 10k and been there awhile - all had a little green on them
few pieces of silver ---I could not go for many faint targets with the water conditions - 95% of stuff I got on first scoop
totals - $31.48...567 coins
pennies - 368
nickels - 48
dimes - 68
quarters - 75
foreign - 11
around 10 hrs total hunting
DSCN0871.jpg DSCN0874.jpg DSCN0872.jpg

Upvote 21

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Sweet ringing and blinging!

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey nice hunt there Casper! Pretty neat assortment of loot. Congrats on the gold! Nothin' wrong with 10k!!!!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul,, you got a lot of staying power.
I spent enough time in rough surf to know that it is better to get out of the water. Lost hats, and a good pair of prescription eye glasses. You think I would learn? ? Nooo,, I guess when you think you're part fish, you just have to go in, no matter how rough it is.
Congratulations

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul,, you got a lot of staying power.
I spent enough time in rough surf to know that it is better to get out of the water. Lost hats, and a good pair of prescription eye glasses. You think I would learn? ? Nooo,, I guess when you think you're part fish, you just have to go in, no matter how rough it is.
Congratulations

one day it kept me out - wish I had gone in - if its real rough - its tough with no mask - if you have a mask but no viz still tough but you can take the waves to the face
but scooping is tough - even though waters were rough - most spots I could still see the bottom which makes all the difference in the world - if you can see where your coil is and where to stick your scoop - makes it 10x better - there was no dilly dallying for me - I had scoop ready and when I got hit I stuck it in as fast as possible before water could knock me away
got 95% of my targets on first shot - thing is for those guys down there - they can wait for calm waters - I got to do what I can - I did

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Way to go Casper! :occasion14: You are the master of the sea, congratulations! :notworthy:

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Casper, WOW--look at all that awesome loot. Congrats! -Lisa & John

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man is that a pile of coins! Also some nice looking bling. Awesome hunt, Casper.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Show em how its done with that many finds they are doing something wrong!!!Good job

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Show em how its done with that many finds they are doing something wrong!!!Good job

bunch of guys been saying its sanded in down there - some will do that so others in the country wont flock down there
others I think believe it - but I found a few spots that at first look seemed sanded in but once I got in and started banging the targets
you'd would stick scoop in and CLUNK - you would hit hard bottom - large coral - rocks and tons of large shell
just inches under thin layer of sand -- not sanded in ...in these spots
yes I did hit a few spots where it was 3 feet of sand - but I would move on

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!!! Excellent finds!!!! That is a hell of a lot of clad LOL congratulations on the gold finds !! HH

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you call a short trip, a month? Lol
Sweet finds!!

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome hunt.

I can't wait for my time on a FL beach this coming spring.

Your post is causing me to drooooool inside with envy as it gets colder here. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That was a great 10 hours worth of hunting Casper. :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread