Finds from the Dryer?...

woj

Jun 29, 2005
En Jay
Detector(s) used
DFX
Since my last few hunts both beach and farm, with an actual metal detector have produced squat....I had to post my latest non-MD finds.

I was picking up an old dryer left out at the curb with one of my employees. When we lifted it up onto the truck, a few coins fell out...clad..said hey..you're 27 cents richer and threw the change at him.

Later on, we picked it up again to throw it into a big 20 yd roll off container......when it landed, all we heard was the sound of coins flying everywhere. I immediately jumped in and saw a Merc in the mix....with dreams that everything I was about to find would be silver, we both began stuffing our pockets. We kicked the crap out of the dryer and ripped it apart, more coins everytime we threw it around. Eventually there was nothing more to come out. I saw that there was a fist size hole in the drum that spins around. I didn't find any socks........that mystery has still yet to be uncovered.

But here is what I got.

1936D and 1917S Merc
1919 and 1957 Wheats
Love token of some type
Junk ring
15 quarters
25 dimes
13 nickels
44 pennies.
1 German Deutsche Mark

Not sure how much my cohort got, but I made sure he had no silver in his stash!

I'll take it any way I can get it, since conventional T-hunting has been very unproductive for me lately!

Attachments

• dryerfinds.jpg
    dryerfinds.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 515
  • mercsnwheats.jpg
    mercsnwheats.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 512
  • 36D17Smercs.jpg
    36D17Smercs.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 516
  • 36D17Smercsrev.jpg
    36D17Smercsrev.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 513
Upvote 0

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool and it makes sense you can find coins in dryers! But I am still surprised NO SOCKS ? :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
woj

woj

Jun 29, 2005
En Jay
Detector(s) used
DFX
Johnny Ringo Silver said:
Wow...thats pretty crazy! How old was the dryer?..lol 8)

Not very old at all..........70's? maybe? (I will look tomorrow, hasn't been hauled away yet) Still thrown off about the mercs..perhaps another MD'er forgot to take his/her finds out of their pocket? :D..no idea! sure wish there was more silver...can't complain though.

The hold in the drum let everything fall into the back of the dryer, combined with lint and everything else...things were just stuck in all the nooks and cranny's

P

Pentico

Nothing like having a great time kicking the crap out of a dryer and getting paid for it too!
Most excellent! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Denver

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Holy Crap! I've been looking for a Merc for like 8 years now, and out pops two outta a dryer! It's just not fair! :'( But good for you.....that was a lucky find!

HH,
Moon

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
funny what folks leave in their pockets huh?

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
woj said:
We kicked the crap out of the dryer and ripped it apart, more coins everytime we threw it around.
I do the same thing with junk furniture at work. I'm working my way up to appliances :icon_jokercolor:

I've yet to find a merc or any other silver coin for that matter, just a wheatie or two and the usual clad.

Treasure is where you find it! Killer finds :thumbsup:

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
OMG! seriously, I wanna go throw my dryer around!! but where's the socks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread