Finds from the English countryside.

D

Doug UK

Managed to have a few hours out today between the rain showers.

Thanks for looking.....DougUK

Somerset Light Infantry insignia (Jellalabad)
Thursdayfinds012.jpg

Surface find, Penny of young Queen Victoria.
Thursdayfinds013.jpg

Button LHS, hand holding a dagger. RHS “Oxfordshire Constabulary “
Thursdayfinds017.jpg

Musket and pistol balls. Two on the left lost just after being made!
Thursdayfinds019.jpg

Top left is the normal amount of lead that I find. I keep it for two reasons, it means I will not find it again, but more important once a year I sell all my scrap lead and brass and donate the money to our local hospice.
Thursdayfinds016.jpg

Upvote 0
Thats a very kind thing to do with your extra scrap money.

Cool finds,

Keep @ it and HH!!

Thanks for the post all :thumbsup:

Keep that lead its worth a mint.

Now theres a capbadge I need & thats saying something with the 2 dump fields of capbadges I was digging last year!

Keeping digging & posting. Hopefully we should find some old silver soon 8)

CRUSADER said:

Now theres a capbadge I need & thats saying something with the 2 dump fields of capbadges I was digging last year!

Thanks, a little bit early in the season for the “old silver”, my fields are just starting to come on stream within the next two weeks. These fields in the photograph brought me the Iconographic ring this year, now subject of a Treasure Trove Inquest!..........DougUK
ring001.jpg

Doug UK said:
CRUSADER said:

Thanks, a little bit early in the season for the “old silver”, my fields are just starting to come on stream within the next two weeks. These fields in the photograph brought me the Iconographic ring this year, now subject of a Treasure Trove Inquest!..........DougUK
ring001.jpg
They are slow right now ie.1.5 years if your lucky

First I gotta tell ya, KILLER finds in my book, but what also got me so syked, is the button with the arm/dagger you found.. I was so excited to see that.. as I found a rossette here in nj months ago, only on mine, the hand was broken off and missing, so I have no clue what was in the hand on the one I found..but it certainly was great for me to see one almost exactly like mine...

keep on hunting and thank you too..

booty

romeo-1 said:
Nice finds...looks like a decent bale seal there too!

Thank you everybody for your kind comments on my finds.

I had what looked like an identical seal the other day, but on closer inspection the stars look to go in a different direction?

DougUK

seal001.jpg

Doug UK said:
romeo-1 said:
Nice finds...looks like a decent bale seal there too!

Thank you everybody for your kind comments on my finds.

I had what looked like an identical seal the other day, but on closer inspection the stars look to go in a different direction?

DougUK

seal001.jpg

Direction doesn't really matter. If its the same design, its from the same place.

Thanks Crusader.

Bale seals is a subject I am not familiar with, I always give them back to the farmer when I go round to visit them.

DougUK

robfinds said:
Hello Doug , how can you detect with your ring on, I have to take mine off, are you left handed ?.

I manage it with a ring on both hands, & my recovery rate is quickier than Dad who wears none.

CRUSADER said:

Crusader

Have attached a photograph of the Somerset Light Infantry badge (rear), cant quite work out the fixing points? Plus a couple of Royal Artillery lapel badges.

Jellalabad Barracks was the home of the SLI until a few years ago. Now amalgamated with other infantry units.

Doug

badges002.jpg

Jellalabad Barracks
barracks.jpg

Doug UK said:
CRUSADER said:

Crusader

Have attached a photograph of the Somerset Light Infantry badge (rear), cant quite work out the fixing points? Plus a couple of Royal Artillery lapel badges.

Jellalabad Barracks was the home of the SLI until a few years ago. Now amalgamated with other infantry units.

Doug

badges002.jpg

Jellalabad Barracks
barracks.jpg

Nice somerset

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back