Finds from the gold stater field

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Of course I went back to the field where I found the stater (this time armed with a spade). I dug a small trench, where I found the coin. Nothing in the trench, so I widened the search, detecting in the general area. Straining my ears and digging every faint signal. When you search like this, you soon find out, there's a lot of metal in the soil. No other staters came to light. These finds though did. Two hammered silver coins, both Henry III, 1247-72. The full one looks like Newcastle mint, moneyer Adam. Also a fragment of something in silver, probably Medieval. The back of the object is hollow, and not decorated.

Robert.

Attachments

• IMG_6246.JPG
    IMG_6246.JPG
    454.8 KB · Views: 158
Upvote 13

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a small strap end or something:icon_scratch: You will have to declare it Treasure now.:laughing7:

SS

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thirteenth Century, that's almost unimaginable to us here in the colonies. WOW!
Congrats in great shape too.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now, now you should give them a try because haven't anything to do really. :)

Great day once again, liking the silvers.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would cost the tax payer pepperj, hard working people like me .
Plenty of other stupid people clogging the Treasure act system up, declaring stupid items that they never will keep. But some people just don't have any common sense.???

SS

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Plenty of other stupid people clogging the Treasure act system up, declaring stupid items that they never will keep. But some people just don't have any common sense.???

SS

True Colin, also for some, it's simply a vanity project.:angel3:

Wouldn't it be the job of the Flo to say Aye or Nay to most of the declared finds to weed out the stupid and speed things up? I can see following the letter of the law doesn't make a whole lot of sense either. I just got my letter back on a silver Tudor clothing fastener and it took two years to go through the process of being undeclared treasure.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wouldn't it be the job of the Flo to say Aye or Nay to most of the declared finds to weed out the stupid and speed things up? I can see following the letter of the law doesn't make a whole lot of sense either. I just got my letter back on a silver Tudor clothing fastener and it took two years to go through the process of being undeclared treasure.
You answered your own question, two years is rediculous. If it never went to a court hearing it should have took no longer than three months.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread