Finds from the last four days.

Mich. Wolverine

Dec 12, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266
I have been busy for the last few months and everyone is finding some great stuff. I finally had a chance to get out the last few days so I thought I would post it. I detected in the water most of the time and found all the things in the water except the change purse and the turkey. The sleigh bells made my day and I found five more after I took this picture four of them still attached to the leather. I don't know how many were on a harness but I have 25 now and they have a patent date of May, 22, 1878. The sash buckle is 4" long and has a metal frame and what looks to be wrapped with graphite. I have no idea of the time frame because I have never seen one made this way. They say that the lumberjacks wore a red sash around there waist and the buckle is the size that a man would of worn. If anyone has any info on the buckle please let me know. I finally found a whole change purse,but luck would have it no money inside.

Good luck hunting.

Wolverine.

Attachments

• HPIM0961.jpg
    HPIM0961.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 187

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got some excellent relics there, looks like a good hunting spot. :thumbsup: good luck in your digs! thats a sweet lock!

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, Wolverine! :thumbsup: That purse and lock are really nice. Bells, too!

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread