Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to two separate locations over the warm weekend. One was a turn of the century house I was given permission to MD and the other was and old torn down farm house. Mainly lots of junk which I will spare everyone pics of but did come up with some nice older coins and silver. I found one spoon each at the two different locations. One is silver plated and the other is solid sterling, a first for me. The solid silver spoon weighed in at 0.71 ounces :icon_thumright:.
The Indian Head was along an old foundation that took a long time to locate but well worth it-1893 in decent shape. 9 wheat pennies 30s-50s.
1964 Kennedy half dollar was very weird, walking back to my truck I had my MD detector on running along side of me when I got a signal of two inches. It was really probably less than an inch in some sandy non-vegitated soil. Recent drop ??? Not really sure but it's mine now:hello2:.
Also found some old relics including two separate clock mechanisms, two older screwdrivers, ornate ceiling cover for a hanging light tin but thought it could be silver until I got it home, a very large champion spark plug, and a few other do-dads.

DSC_0182.jpg DSC_0184.jpg DSC_0189.jpg DSC_0191.jpg

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds! Really impressed by the 90 % Kennedy silver half, hardly ever see 'em dug as they were only minted one year.

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score on the big Kennedy and IH!! :hello2: Congrats on the Wheaties too!

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Great digs! Love the silver!!!!

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats mjc on some nice digs. :icon_thumright: WTG on the silver spoon, wheats, and IH. Excellent snag on the Kennedy half, too. :thumbsup:

HH

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs!

HH

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweeet bunch of finds, congrats!....love the variety of colors in those coins too.....strange soil conditions there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread