finds from today, some things im not to sure about?

birdpointgriswold

May 23, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these items today..pretty happy about most but a few I do not know what they are if anything. I'm really curious about the small piece that seems to have a hole drilled into it? Please let me know what you guys think!

ForumRunner_20120603_215145.png

ForumRunner_20120603_215027.png

ForumRunner_20120603_214955.png

ForumRunner_20120603_214943.png

ForumRunner_20120603_214858.png

ForumRunner_20120603_214910.png

ForumRunner_20120603_214921.png

ForumRunner_20120603_215044.png

ForumRunner_20120603_215054.png

ForumRunner_20120603_215106.png

Johnathan Griswold

Upvote 0
OP
OP
birdpointgriswold

birdpointgriswold

May 23, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better picture of this one

ForumRunner_20120603_215640.png

Johnathan Griswold

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Johnathan, Nice pic/groupings.

I've found a few of the "drilled in the side" rocks like your top pic. Don't know what it is either. The bottom pic is what I call an Axe/Digger tool. I've found several like that. (Same cut marks as yours) The "right side" chip-out is on almost all of my finds, very distinctive to being a tool as well as the grooves possibly where the wood handle was attached.

Your pic with the 4 rocks together: The top 2 and bottom left of that pic I would say Mano..the right, brown one, not sure...looks too "soft" to be a grinding tool...maybe a type of "sanding tool"..?

I've found a few of the "drilled in the side" rocks like your top pic and can't say what its for..........In your "points groupings", the top left one looks like a broken drill. They all look nice.....

Thanks for sharing...Did you find them mostly together or did you pull them together for the pics?

MinerGirl

OP
OP
birdpointgriswold

birdpointgriswold

May 23, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MinerGirl said:
Hi Johnathan, Nice pic/groupings.

I've found a few of the "drilled in the side" rocks like your top pic. Don't know what it is either. The bottom pic is what I call an Axe/Digger tool. I've found several like that. (Same cut marks as yours) The "right side" chip-out is on almost all of my finds, very distinctive to being a tool as well as the grooves possibly where the wood handle was attached.

Your pic with the 4 rocks together: The top 2 and bottom left of that pic I would say Mano..the right, brown one, not sure...looks too "soft" to be a grinding tool...maybe a type of "sanding tool"..?

I've found a few of the "drilled in the side" rocks like your top pic and can't say what its for..........In your "points groupings", the top left one looks like a broken drill. They all look nice.....

Thanks for sharing...Did you find them mostly together or did you pull them together for the pics?

MinerGirl

Minergirl! Your so much fun love your thoughts! They are all found in the same field...its from my new spot. This stuff is from my 2nd stomp. I was told from a very very good source that a village was there, its surrounded by a

Johnathan Griswold

OP
OP
birdpointgriswold

birdpointgriswold

May 23, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
birdpointgriswold said:
Minergirl! Your so much fun love your thoughts! They are all found in the same field...its from my new spot. This stuff is from my 2nd stomp. I was told from a very very good source that a village was there, its surrounded by a good size swamp and river. A large hwy is near by and had to stop construction because they dug up 2 skeletons and tons of artifacts. I have never seen so many flake before in my life at this place. I seriously can t even walk in a straight line when I'm looking because I keep bending down picking up or seeing something to my left or right! It makes me crazy!

Johnathan Griswold

Johnathan Griswold

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi...Surrounded by a What?..Oh, I see your next post now. Thats amazing! .All those from one hunt means you're in a Great Spot (Duh)...:) Take lots of 5 gallon buckets and a Wheelbarrow! Large ziplock bags for the smaller stuff and have fun washing everything when you get home...:)

Try a "Google Earth search" of that field...see if you can find any "Donut" or half circles of different vegetation...usually found near a stream/river bank...These "donut shapes" indicate where they would sleep/village...They are easier to see in a plowed field...You can check your whole area this way and quicken up your search targets.

Have fun...MinerGirl

Last edited:

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Johnathan...Just a thought...You might post these in "Today's Finds"...you might get more opinions...unless some of the guys are on strike...:)

MinerGirl

OP
OP
birdpointgriswold

birdpointgriswold

May 23, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MinerGirl said:
Johnathan...Just a thought...You might post these in "Today's Finds"...you might get more opinions...unless some of the guys are on strike...:)

MinerGirl

Ok! Thanks for the advice!

Johnathan Griswold

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Can you show a close up of the drill area on the small piece? Nearly all the 'drilled' pieces people present here are natural, but from the picture I'd say you at least have a shot at that being a drilled piece of soapstone (steatite). It's soft and should easily show drill marks in the drill area.

Thanks.

OP
OP
birdpointgriswold

birdpointgriswold

May 23, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Twitch said:
Can you show a close up of the drill area on the small piece? Nearly all the 'drilled' pieces people present here are natural, but from the picture I'd say you at least have a shot at that being a drilled piece of soapstone (steatite). It's soft and should easily show drill marks in the drill area.

Thanks.

ForumRunner_20120605_122519.png

ForumRunner_20120605_122437.png

ForumRunner_20120605_122348.png

ForumRunner_20120605_122312.png

Johnathan Griswold

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread