Finds of the day

Twistedsifter

Jan 20, 2019
Primary Interest:
Other
E1E061E2-A1C1-42F8-919D-00EB3873F830.jpg

Had a nice day back after mother’s day, started off with two absolute heart breakers. That banded Putnam would have been a stunner, also a nice Hamilton base. Found a nice Wacissa subtype 3, a blade, a reject, and a curiously worked piece. What do y’all think? image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Upvote 0

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds , the Wacissa is awesome I’m guessing your from down south ? Georgia maybe ? I love the style of points down there the size of them is awesome .... and they say everything is bigger in Texas lol
The last piece I’d say is a blank or preform something that was roughed out maybe for later use or maybe saw something they didn’t like but a nice find for sure

OP
OP
T

Twistedsifter

Jan 20, 2019
Primary Interest:
Other
Great finds , the Wacissa is awesome I’m guessing your from down south ? Georgia maybe ? I love the style of points down there the size of them is awesome .... and they say everything is bigger in Texas lol
The last piece I’d say is a blank or preform something that was roughed out maybe for later use or maybe saw something they didn’t like but a nice find for sure
yessir, Florida to be exact. Maybe I’m just biased, but I think we have the best points :)

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Finds! Your last item look quite like a core.

Out Of Time

Apr 10, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff.

Agree that might well be a core.

Banded base is a heartbreaker for sure. Lovely stone.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds, Wacissa's are pretty old points! You are on an archaic site and one with a lot of variety! Florida does have some great points.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread