Finds Today.

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• fotka.jpg
    fotka.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 602
  • jhioh.jpg
    jhioh.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 608
  • medall 16-03-2009.jpg
    medall 16-03-2009.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 610
  • PIC_0239.JPG
    PIC_0239.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 599
  • PIC_0245.JPG
    PIC_0245.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 600
  • SPAIN COIN 16-03-2009.jpg
    SPAIN COIN 16-03-2009.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 594
  • SPAIN COIN2 16-03-2009.jpg
    SPAIN COIN2 16-03-2009.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 576
Upvote 0

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super finds and looks like you found the "Headless Horseman". :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
HISPAN

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Headless Horseman and the horse headless ;D ;D ;D :icon_shaking2:

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds and welcome to the forum! HH, Mike

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds again!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CONSTANTINVS said:
Hello friends today I could find a bronze spoon Medieval (broken) and two Maravedis (Medieval Spanish coins) also a medal of the nineteenth century.
Best regards and happy searching!

I have only ever found 1 Maravedis (Silver Spanish still on my list). It was similar to the second coin. Do you mean 17th Century? As I thought it to be 1600s.

OP
OP
HISPAN

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ExLibris said:
Great finds!

I think your religious medal is from Saint Benedict:

C.S.P.B.: CRUX SANCTI PATRIS BENEDICTI The cross of our Holy Father Benedict
C.S.S.M.L.: CRUX SACRA SIT MIHI LUX May the Holy Cross be my light!
N.D.S.M.D.: NUNQUAM DRACO SIT MIHI DUX! May the dragon never be my guide
V.R.S.: VADE RETRO SATANA Begone Satan!
N.S.M.V.: NUNQUAM SUADE MIHI VANA! - Never tempt me with your vanities!
S.M.Q.L.: SUNT MALA QUAE LIBAS What you offer me is evil.
I.V.B.: IPSE VENEA BIBAS Drink the poison yourself!

Source: http://www.miraclerosarymission.org/benedictmedal.html

Rob
--------------------------------
Well if you would like the Medal of St Benedict shows here ... but a month old found .Estas medals are used to perform exorcisms.

Attachments

• PIC_0254.JPG
    PIC_0254.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 366
OP
OP
HISPAN

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CRUSADER said:
CONSTANTINVS said:
Hello friends today I could find a bronze spoon Medieval (broken) and two Maravedis (Medieval Spanish coins) also a medal of the nineteenth century.

I have only ever found 1 Maravedis (Silver Spanish still on my list). It was similar to the second coin. Do you mean 17th Century? As I thought it to be 1600s.

---------------
Hello CRUSADER
The reseller, Philip III ordered by rule in September of that year, affects parts minted by the Royal Ingenio Segovia between 1597 and 1602 AD and all circulating currency minted before 1597 AD (known as "loose"). Indicated that, in any case, the original value of the parts are doubled.
The same currency but with only one reseller.
(Coins are reused for many centuries and with overlapping dates.) :wink: :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 2_anv14.jpg
    2_anv14.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 358

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CONSTANTINVS said:
CRUSADER said:
CONSTANTINVS said:

---------------
Hello CRUSADER
The reseller, Philip III ordered by rule in September of that year, affects parts minted by the Royal Ingenio Segovia between 1597 and 1602 AD and all circulating currency minted before 1597 AD (known as "loose"). Indicated that, in any case, the original value of the parts are doubled.
The same currency but with only one reseller.
(Coins are reused for many centuries and with overlapping dates.) :wink: :thumbsup:

So mine might be 1500s :) Can you ID it?, if I post a picture (when I get home).

OP
OP
HISPAN

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The identification of reseller is not always an easy task. Often the reseller accumulate on each other up in a confused set of overlapping unrecognizable. In many cases there is to settle the last of identifying marks stamped on the currency, assuming it is sufficiently focused and possess a sufficient relief.
However, there are a number of characteristics that may be of some help, among them are the following:

- The leading reseller of Philip III provided a crown on value, are circular, concave on the side of value, smooth and convex on the back. Often the coin is visibly curved. In general, the mark is on IIII 2 coins maravedís of the Catholic Kings, Philip II or Philip III, and VIII on the mark 4 maravedís of the monarchs. The currency to be minted in resealing dates prior to 1602.
- The reseller VI and XII of the series of 1636 of Philip IV to be found on pieces by resealing Felipe IIII III and VIII respectively. These resellers have the courage in the face without crown and crowned the date on the back.
- The reseller VIII 1641-42 printed on 8 maravedís minted coin hammered by Philip III and Philip IV ( "thick fleece, irregular contour), no resealing so far. The date, as opposed to value, is crowned, and both are contained in a circular cartouche visible.
- The Reseller VI and XII of 1641-42 is stamped on coins only the genius of Segovia, and therefore circular in origin. Again the date is not crowned and value.
- The reseller 4 and 8 in the series 1651-52 are usually printed on currency before resealing, and can be found on coins of the Ingenio de Segovia (minted a mill) and other mints (minted a hammer), but always after 1597.
- The reseller III and VIII of the 1654-55 series can be found only on coins minted prior to 1597 ( "loose"). Generally very open and worn by the accumulation of Reseller. The brands are in a kind of almond, straight at the bottom, closed on top by a Grafil curve points. There is no crown in front or back.
- The Reseller II and III of the 1658-59 series are large (occupying almost all of the currency), and are surrounded by a circular edge and lobed outer (decorated as a spike). The date is located under the monograms.
- The location of the mintmark on the reseller of Philip IV is variable, but generally to be found under the date or value. In some cases, repeated in front and back.
español > inglés cambiarTraducir

To summarize a bit:
If you are not flat and has a crown above the stamp hammer (ie a crown and the number IIX) are .... even prior to 1597 may be the oldest Catholic kings 1492.
Here I put a picture of 4 maravedis (later before being hammered with new date) with the detectors we are lucky to find these coins that were lost before being hammered (I have a few)

Attachments

• felipe3maravedi4ej3.jpg
    felipe3maravedi4ej3.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 303

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be greatful if you could ID this?

Cheers

Attachments

• spanish coin1.JPG
    spanish coin1.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 244
  • Spanish Coin.JPG
    Spanish Coin.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 218
OP
OP
HISPAN

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CRUSADER said:

Cheers
------------------------------------------------

::) ::)

Hello CRUSADER.
front: Monogram of PHILIPPVS topped with mint and value II below to the left under the arches and bars, surrounded by palm crown

Reverse: Crowned Monogram REX below year within arcs and bars, surrounded by palm crown

currency type: A 2 MARAVEDIS Reseller( marked with hammer)2 maravedís any small coin years :1658-1659

1pic currency circulates around 1658 (date of manufacture safe) and can pay for a glass of wine or a piece of bread with cheese. Since then:
2pic)A year later in 1659 he was value to 3 (III).
3pic)And then .. (can not be decoded because it is the number worn intoaccount,) is transformed to 4 (IIII) possibly in 1670

Attachments

• felipe4resellorex2ej1.jpg
    felipe4resellorex2ej1.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 171
  • lk.jpg
    lk.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 156
  • index.jpg
    index.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 134

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CONSTANTINVS said:
CRUSADER said:

Cheers
------------------------------------------------

::) ::)

Hello CRUSADER.
front: Monogram of PHILIPPVS topped with mint and value II below to the left under the arches and bars, surrounded by palm crown

Reverse: Crowned Monogram REX below year within arcs and bars, surrounded by palm crown

currency type: A 2 MARAVEDIS Reseller( marked with hammer)2 maravedís any small coin years :1658-1659

1pic currency circulates around 1658 (date of manufacture safe) and can pay for a glass of wine or a piece of bread with cheese. Since then:
2pic)A year later in 1659 he was value to 3 (III).
3pic)And then .. (can not be decoded because it is the number worn intoaccount,) is transformed to 4 (IIII) possibly in 1670

THANKS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread