Fine Metal Concentrating

cecelia333

Dec 13, 2022
Hi everyone! This is my first post, and it is a little unorthodox, but I figured that modern day prospectors and treasure hunters would have a lot of knowledge about modern concentrating equipment. I am looking for a very fine metal (-300 to -500) wet concentrating table/wet concentrator of some kind. I work in tungsten powders, and we used to have two vanners but they both fell apart. They worked incredibly well for this application so I was wondering if anyone knows if/where you can find vanners today or what the modern equivalent might be? Wilfley tables and spiral separators did not seem to work well for us.

If you have any advice on wet screeners or other fine metal separation techniques and equipment, please let me know! I appreciate your help :)

Upvote 1

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi everyone! This is my first post, and it is a little unorthodox, but I figured that modern day prospectors and treasure hunters would have a lot of knowledge about modern concentrating equipment. I am looking for a very fine metal (-300 to -500) wet concentrating table/wet concentrator of some kind. I work in tungsten powders, and we used to have two vanners but they both fell apart. They worked incredibly well for this application so I was wondering if anyone knows if/where you can find vanners today or what the modern equivalent might be? Wilfley tables and spiral separators did not seem to work well for us.

If you have any advice on wet screeners or other fine metal separation techniques and equipment, please let me know! I appreciate your help :)
A flotation process is often used to concentrate minute mineral particles. Maybe a metallurgical expert can design one for your needs(?).

jcc

Nov 15, 2018
Portage, MI
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter TR550-D
Primary Interest:
Other
Green Mining Technologies makes a Vanner style double deck shaker table.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cecelia333

Dec 13, 2022
A flotation process is often used to concentrate minute mineral particles. Maybe a metallurgical expert can design one for your needs(?).
Flotation sounds like a great option. I will definitely look into finding a metallurgist that specializes in that kind of thing. Thanks for the advice!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread