cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually pick up my two weekly boxes on Friday but couldn't until Monday. I had to wait till last night (Tuesday) to open the first box.

When I opened the first roll I knew it would be a bad box >:( I am still getting someones rejects. Every coin in the roll was marked with at least 7 thin lines around the edge. Whoever marks this way really wastes time because the lines are in patterns (2 lines & then 1 line & then 3 lines or something like that) Or, the CRHer is a genius and he/she is coding them with a pattern that represents the date released back into the wild.

Well this went on with several rolls of marked coins and then I would get one that was not marked, then several marked. I knew it was going to be skunk box so I just wanted to get through it. On roll 36 I open it and what do I see? Right in the middle of an unmarked roll is one thin silver stripe, it was a 64 JFK, fineally :D the next roll had a proof in fair shape and then back to marked rolls.

Then when roll 50 came I opened it up just to finish the box and I see a lonely 40% er. So no skunk, just a smelly box.

Tonight I open and sort the other box. Brinks delivered them together so this may be a twin of the first. (hopefully not identical twins)

Upvote 0

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Keep plugging away dan. Like you said, at least it wasn't a skunk; as you got a 90%er, 40%er and a proof.

You can't win if you don't play.

SoCalMark

Dec 28, 2006
Inland Empire
Detector(s) used
MXT, Explorer II
Don't feel too bad Dan. My last couple of boxes had the same markings on the coins. Frustrating to say the least. I think I had about the same results as you for silver. I picked up a box today and went through the top layer...5 40%'ers so far and very few marked coins. This one was from B of A.

Mark

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I went through my other box last night.

Complete SKUNK!

My first one ever. There was a 2006 in it but it was already scratched up and not worth keeping.

Funny thing, not one roll had all those thin black marks like the first box, but there were about 50-100 of my own marked coins mixed throughout the entire box.

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
cyberdan said:
Well I went through my other box last night.

Complete SKUNK!

My first one ever. There was a 2006 in it but it was already scratched up and not worth keeping.

Funny thing, not one roll had all those thin black marks like the first box, but there were about 50-100 of my own marked coins mixed throughout the entire box.

hang on to the '06 regardless. It's low volumes will still warrant more than face for it.

Patrick Earl Houston

Feb 21, 2007
Cypress Garden Projects, North Memphis
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
way to catch 'em slippin cyberdilznan! ya needz to find out where this hater be bankin' and drop his a$$ off some ya own rejects! might need to break him off a 'lil something too! busta tryin to write some kinda star trek binary types of $h1t on a coin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread