FINEALLY GOT OUT THIS WEEKEND !!!

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Garret. AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to go to a different beach so I made the pilgrimage to the Bling Bling for the very first time. I spent more time Sunday hanging out and B.S'ing with people then I did metal detecting ! , I had a great time. I took a break put the x-cal in the car and took the trolley to Hooter's for lunch, I was all the way down by the rocks parking lot, it was grid locked all day their and I was so glad to get out I didn't care. If I left my parking spot their was no getting back in their. I never seen so many people at the beach. Took Trolley back and hung out to sunset and their was no getting out on 60 so I drove south down gulf blvd over the skyway and back to Ruskin. Got home at 10:30, the 2 silver are stamped 925 but one may be plated or I gotta spend more time cleaning it up. The little charm earing with 25 diamonds tested ReeL, but its not stamped I took the hoop off of it and i'm thinking of making it a small charm for a gift. Then I found a pair of ray-ban aviator sunglasses with the P on the lens, the len's are not scratched at all but their are some wear on the gold frames but hardly noticeable, that I may have done pullin them up in the scoop. I'm sure I'll go back their again mainly just for the fun I had along with some detecting, but I still really like the south beach's closer to home. NEXT is Monday labor day find a 10k gold band that weighs 6 grams, I found a pair of women's sunglasses that are designer look but I haven't seen a name on em their out in the car so no pic. I went late in the afternoon got their about 3 pm and found the ring right away but nothing else had to wait until today to post I forgot to charge the camera. Thanks for looking H.H. Capt !

Attachments

• DSC04091.JPG
    DSC04091.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC04092.JPG
    DSC04092.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC04093.JPG
    DSC04093.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC04095.JPG
    DSC04095.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC04097.JPG
    DSC04097.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC04087.JPG
    DSC04087.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC04100.JPG
    DSC04100.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC04098.JPG
    DSC04098.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC04099.JPG
    DSC04099.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC04090.JPG
    DSC04090.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 94
Upvote 0

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a fun road trip! Nice score on the gold band!!

SnT

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice finds Captain, glad you got out again....one of these days we will bump into each other.... I believe we have been just a beach apart a few times... maybe we will have to plan a meeting sometime.

Cliff

jcobb

May 23, 2008
Ft. Worth Tejas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030...AT Pro & Garrett Pro Pointer
Bounty Hunter 505 (Loaner)
Awesome!

I have the same exact Ray Bans! Mine are silver and paid $300 for them... The "P" means polarized

Congrats!!

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice job Captain !!! I'd love to try your beaches some day.

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You won't believe this, but, in my video post I fanned a pair of Ray-ban aviators. I swore I had them in my car. I can't find them. You were smart to use the trolley. I didn't know about them. Do they charge? Glad to had a reunion day. :laughing7: :laughing7:

OP
OP
Captain PopTop

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Garret. AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You won't believe this, but, in my video post I fanned a pair of Ray-ban aviators. I swore I had them in my car. I can't find them. You were smart to use the trolley. I didn't know about them. Do they charge? Glad to had a reunion day. :laughing7: :laughing7:

$2 from hooters to the rocks parking lot, its a bit of a ride for me to go their but I like chic wings!, so ill make the ride someday again, life outside metal detecting is keeping me away but I may be out local and south beachs from their before this weekend waitin on my new mask and snorkel, I got a camera but its not good for metal detecting its for fishing and seeing fish down on the bottom under your boat (aqua vu), im definitaly gettin a go pro been trying to sell the aqua vu mini with dvr but I got the money dont know what im waiting for after seeing your video ive been almost hittin the proceed to check out button on ebay wanna show my freinds what ive been up to on facebook and here, cant thank you enough sonny cause you inspired me to snorkel detect and its made me love this hobby 10 Fold now !
H.H. Capt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread