Finished my season where it started, possible carved bullet?

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Got out yesterday to my cornfield, 6 weeks ago I brought olddude and It still wasn't cut, well with deer season, the holidays, and work, I was finally able to go back and check it out, not a whole lot in the way of great finds but the stalks were pretty high making swinging difficult, still managed some neat finds, I think I have a carved bullet, it rang in low 70s like lead, is heavy like lead, and is a square?, also a watch winder, 2 flat buttons and some buckshot and fired roundballs. My hope was to finish the season at that site and maybe grab a large cent like I did to start my season in the same exact spot 9 months ago, that didn't pan out but at least I was able to get one last one in before 2015! 20141228_153659.jpg 20141228_153742.jpg

Guys its been a great year, I made some new friends, been at some amazing sites, and made some great finds, cant wait to get going in 2015!!, thanks for looking and HH!!

Upvote 6

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice video, nice buttons.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20141229_115825.jpg 20141229_115835.jpg
So the jury is out on this supposed carved bullet, thoughts anyone?

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be, I love carved lead. It is so personal. Maybe he was making a set of dice. LOL Nice finds

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've had a very impressive start to your detecting career. That certainly looks like it could have been carved into a die but I'm not at all familiar with the carved lead. Maine has zero civil war sites and very few rev war for that matter. Hope 2015 is a big year for you

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've had a very impressive start to your detecting career. That certainly looks like it could have been carved into a die but I'm not at all familiar with the carved lead. Maine has zero civil war sites and very few rev war for that matter. Hope 2015 is a big year for you

Thanks abe!, the one thing that's throwing me off on this is the cracks on the one side. And thanks for the compliments on my detecting, I've been fortunate to get on some real good sites and meet some good people, I have bigger plans for 2015 ! Hope ya get another pinetree!!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's just great that you were able to get one more taste before the year's end.
We all like to go out on a big note and I think you did. Look at just how much you got in a short 9 months!

WTG!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's just great that you were able to get one more taste before the year's end.
We all like to go out on a big note and I think you did. Look at just how much you got in a short 9 months!

WTG!

Thanks gary!, alot went on this past year, bought a house, had a baby, changed shifts at work, still found the time to get out and search for them sites!, I'm hoping 2015 is just as good if not better

Thanks for following all year! HH!!

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kinda looks like stress cracks that could have formed over the years in lead that was pounded into a square?

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If that was carved, it would have been a huge bullet. I would guess maybe molded lead and then shaped, perhaps pounded as Rob said. Cool finds. I haven't found a thimble OR a watch winder! It has been great hunting with you and I hope we make as many new finds in 2015 as we did this year.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that was carved, it would have been a huge bullet. I would guess maybe molded lead and then shaped, perhaps pounded as Rob said. Cool finds. I haven't found a thimble OR a watch winder! It has been great hunting with you and I hope we make as many new finds in 2015 as we did this year.

Thanks alot dave!, i had a blast hunting w ya!, we had numerous killer hunts, hey afterall your hunch on that one property led to my oldest silver/and coin ever!, my goal for next year is to be able to repay the favor! I know you're not done yet though, didn't you say something about ice cleats and picks? Lol!!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT