Finished the field of weak targets, interesting finds...

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finished the field I have been detecting, pulled a few more nice relics. Here is a picture of an unusual part of the field where the grass grows better. In the middle of the picture is a nice round area about 8’/260cm in diameter, looks like it could have been a well or maybe a water hole for animals. Just might be a foundation deep in the earth. To the upper left of the well just 60’/20 meters looks to have been a building foundation.
1Jun08fieldcircl.jpg

Here is the possible building foundation. I pulled more than 12 Ox shoes this week from the field and probably 40-60 in the past, there are many more there but I know what they are so I do not dig them. This shows there was a lot of activity in the area.
1Jun08foundation.jpg

A few of the iron finds and an awesome huge iron key, must have been the key to the city. I placed an American dime below the key for size comparison. Three ox shoes and a wedge.
1Jun08ironkey.jpg

The lead finds, a large spindle whorl and six musket balls from different eras. Two look like they have been chewed on.
1Jun08lead.jpg

Five coins, two dateless coppers, an 1874 and two silvers from the mid 1700s to early 1800s.
1Jun08coins.jpg

Four relics, another smaller bowl weight, a coat hook that was sewn into the back of a military jacket that supported a belt, pre WWI. What was probably part of a rosary necklace and a watch winder. HH, Mike
1Jun08relics.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread