Finished the sluice for the dredge....

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is going with the 2.5" suction system I built posted elsewhere here. It's made in two 3' sections hooked together as a longtom with two 3' sections of GoldHog mats. It's 2 parts for easy packing into locations, and can be separated and used as a 3' highbanker with either vortex mat and 1500gph pump or the hog mat with my 2200gph 12volt pump in the off season. Made of 1/4" ABS heated and bent on a mold set up so it folds in half. The flair was a traffic cone with an adjustable angle support. It slips on and off without bolts for quick and easy assembly/disassembly. The whole package including gas pump and hoses is around 50lbs.
DSCF0008.JPG
DSCF0012.JPG
DSCF0011.JPG

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nicely done! KISS in action! Are you going to make a video of it running? How'd you form the cone to get it to retain the shape? Did you end up making the leg brackets or buying. I noticed what look like hylocks (?) for the set screw threads, thats a good idea.

OP
OP
mike(swWash)

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The brackets were heated and bent to fit the 3/4" tube legs. The cone is bolted to the slip on plate underneath with the edges squeezed tight to the slice and that seems to keep the shape. I'll add a picture when I get a chance.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Nicely done! I have made several sluices from ABS over the years and its cheaper and lighter than alum. Im hopeing to try out my newly made and never used 2 inch dredge this weekend. I made a flaired sluice and a crashbox sluice for it with all of the various mats (Vortex , Gold Hog , Veranda ) to see what works best in this setup. regrettably im probly going to sell it all this summer. old age bad back/knees/ankles/ arthour and a bit of old age is getting to me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions