Fire

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Taken from behind my house about 7:00PM yesterday. I didn't have my camera when the big plane dumped his load of ******ant a few minutes earlier.... Taken from about a mile away with 400mm lens and cropped.

I don't see any smoke this morning, and don't hear any aircraft. I'm guessing they got it under control.

Attachments

• ReTa.JPG
    ReTa.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 56
  • Crop1.JPG
    Crop1.JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 62
  • crop2.JPG
    crop2.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 60

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the air here in cali is bad cause the fires and heat. keep your eyes open

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Good shots from a mile away.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was wondering what you'd said to get censored:laughing7:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
The censor thing is weird. Something should really be done about that one!

Doesn't look like the fire had very much fuel to feed on in those pics. I'm a bit surprised they would spend the money on the chemicals (<-- HA! :laughing7:) with so little fuel around - unless they were trying to keep it from "getting" to ample fuel.

Amazing pics from a mile away!! :notworthy: Maybe we should start calling you "Sniper Ron"? :laughing7:

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
The censor thing is weird. Something should really be done about that one!

Doesn't look like the fire had very much fuel to feed on in those pics. I'm a bit surprised they would spend the money on the chemicals (<-- HA! :laughing7:) with so little fuel around - unless they were trying to keep it from "getting" to ample fuel.

Amazing pics from a mile away!! :notworthy: Maybe we should start calling you "Sniper Ron"? :laughing7:
Thanks kcm, At this point, it had already burned about 200 acres on the other side of that hill. Over the hill and to the right, there are about 12 houses.
Last year in August, there were lightning caused fires in the Kamiah, ID area, about 12 miles from here that burned a few thousand acres including around 70 houses, and their outbuildings.
The cause of this one is under investigation. We haven't had any recent lightning, and it started on the side of the road I live on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread