First 2 hours with the Deus

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Watched a lot of videos, did some reading, and it arrived last night. Hit my go to spot, the Fair grounds....lots of targets, and a 100 year old history. Kept it simple, with 3-Deus Fast for the most part, but I did play a little with a relic program, I saw on here and added to a slot. Love how light it is compared to my Etrac, and I think the programable features, and key pad are less confusing as well. Lots of pennies and dimes, never used the pinpoint...I am a wiggler. Overall, after 4 or 5 hours reading Andy's book, and a lot of videos and 2 hours in the field, I am more than happy, and not confused at all:hello2::hello2::headbang: 0914171400.jpg Just waiting for the soybeans to come off, then back to my three 1876 homesites:laughing7:

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Looks good, I played around with mine in the back yard of my house ( built1954) got a few pull tabs and some tin foily trash, plus two hot rocks.
At least you got some coinage and got paid!!lol

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice start .if that's all your trash your ratio is outstanding .

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
besides being light and all of that, I totally love how it will collapse to nothing for storage. but your back will love you now as well as the arm and wrist. there are a lot of very vids out there and plenty of awesome help. hope to see some great finds soon

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
besides being light and all of that, I totally love how it will collapse to nothing for storage. but your back will love you now as well as the arm and wrist. there are a lot of very vids out there and plenty of awesome help. hope to see some great finds soon
One other side of its "collapsability" that has come in handy for me a few times is that most people wouldn't recognize it as a metal detector when it is folded up, especially if you also fold the coil flat. A place I've been hunting recently, while totally public, has a lot of traffic driving by and I don't really want word to get out that I've been detecting in there. So when I'm crossing the road to go into the brush, its nice to know that at least some of the people that see me probably have no idea what that thing is I'm carrying.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please stay in Michigan (or at least stay away from Virginia), oh and nice finds!

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go on utube and search hot and sifter programs . The sifter program for me is way better than deus fast .It uses full tones . I have been sticking just to that program to learn the machine . My finds went up right away . It is now a turn on and go detector for me and my arm and back love it .

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your first time out. You did good and will continue to have a ton of fun with it.
Light as a feather, bells and whistles galore, wireless everything, cool wireless pin pointer, different regular and HF coils.... whats not to love?
I can fit all my stuff in my sons old backpack. Controller, WS5 headphones, knee pads, tool belt, pin pointer and main unit. When it is folded up and the coil flipped back it looks like the star ship Enterprise. Nobody ever guesses it is a metal detector. :icon_thumleft:

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When it is folded up and the coil flipped back it looks like the star ship Enterprise. Nobody ever guesses it is a metal detector. :icon_thumleft:
Yeah, but dontcha just hate it when those Trekkies come up and ask for your autograph?

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
My first few outings with the Deus were frustrating, but that was several years ago. You look like you picked it right up.

It gets even better, the more you use it.

Welcome to the party sir!

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, but dontcha just hate it when those Trekkies come up and ask for your autograph?

No problem... I sign em all the time and then give them the Vulcan "live long and prosper" message. :laughing7:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Keep working and learn the machine and the goodies will "find" your coil. :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread