timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got nothing out of the 2nd box. It's frustrating to get skunked on boxes. I don't know how you guys go through soooo many. I'm ready to go back to customer rolls already. Maybe I should try getting them from a different bank, the boxes I got were the long ones with the yellow rolls. Anyone having luck with those?

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
TBW, I would personally rather get the flat boxes instead of the double stackers. You might be running into similar problems that I am. There are too many searchers looking at the same coins over and over. I am getting Mrs. Apush's rejects and she lives 150 miles from me. We just have to hope that someone makes a big dump and sweetens the supply. I am averaging 2 keepers per box which sucks and barely pays the fees. In my area, the tellers seem to be my biggest competition. I continue to ask for halves and I am constantly being told that the tellers are cherrypicking out of the bags etc. When I walk in front of the tellers and spot silver, I know I can't get them . I make decent offers and they think I am trying to rip them off. Hang in there, Good Luck, Jim

OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will try to hang in there. It seems wise to get boxes, because pretty much everything floating around my area is just dumps. Occasionally I'll get a good score road trippin around, finding some loose halves or customer rolls. But sometimes it seems like boxes won't do very well either. Unless you can order a huge sum of halves to search, in which case you will more than likely hit a stash that had a collection dumped. If you hit a vein like that you could find keepers for a whole bunch of boxes, you never know how much you could potentially get.
I just don't want to have to go through 20 boxes before I get a decent score. I don't have enough money to keep up with some of these people on here going through 5-10 grand a week. It almost seems impossible to get a good score when so much is being searched. It's like the saying goes, the more money you have, the more you will make. It is seeming to be true for coin roll hunters as well.
Everyone searching 10+ boxes seem to be getting all the poor mans gold.
I don't know if I should keep ordering, or do some small road trips around. And maybe order a few boxes once in a while. What is the best way with boxes??? Just hit them hard, or hit them every once in a while? I need some help out here guys, just frustrated. Thanks for any advice you guys can throw my way.
bobwey

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread